Upgraging to Jelly Bean with a used device

skillyjack

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a used Razr Max so I can keep my unlimited data. Will the OS be upgraded to Jelly Bean once its fully
functional?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Certainly will, as long as it's running the stock OS. If not, you'll have to revert to the stock Ice Cream Sandwich in order to be on the upgrade track. There are plenty of helpful threads about the process of reverting, including mine at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html. If you're on 6.16.211 or 6.14.214 or 6.16.215, my Class number 1 will get you back to stock. You'll only do Class 1. If you are still on Gingerbread then the system will offer you the option to do an upgrade Over the Air (OTA).

Once you are on .211 Ice Cream Sandwich, and once the OTA Jelly Bean is finally pushed out to the masses, you'll be prompted to download it and install.

LarryL300

Reaction score
Yes, it was updated between last night and today for most. JB 4.1.2

OP
S

skillyjack

Reaction score
It looks like I will be putting this and alot of other tips to work as I just bought my Razr Maxx on E bay yesterday, and should have it hopefully in less than a week. From Original Droid to Droid Razr Maxx, and if all goes as it should with Jellybean, and keeping my Unlimited Data.!! YES!! Thanks to all