Upgrading to the X

pitchblack86

Reaction score
not exactly sure how this works, but i was told that if you have an upgrade anytime before december 31 2010 you get the Droid X now as a upgrade, at the $199 price. reading it all over google also. however i asked the dude at walmart today when i was picking up kitty food and he said he never heard of that. my upgrade is in November and he said if i bought it today it would be north of $500.

any ideas here? love my droid, but have no need for the physical keyboard. i did search on here and many other places but havent found any information.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Ya, even the Verizon store wouldnt do it for me. I called VW customer service and after a long conversation they did give me $199 price, even though my plan isnt up for another 3 months. Neither the store nor customer service seemed to know about this policy, so I am still not sure that Verizon ever officially advertised that there were early upgrades available. Either it is just an internet rumor, or Verizon forgot to tell their employees about it. Call Verizon, you might get lucky.

mach330

Reaction score
i know lots of people who got an email about being able to upgrade early to the Dx.

OP
P

pitchblack86

Reaction score
i was on the list for a X at the local verizon store but the *&^%$#@ didnt call me. they got 41 phones. i was number 5 on the list. still a little mad about it. i was going to sell my droid this weekend and use the money to grab a X, but not sure now.

samredman

Reaction score
@pitchblack86 -- How did you get your Droid without having to sign up for a 2 year contract? Did you pay the full price for it when you got it. I got mine in November 2009 (the week they came out) and although I was a Verizon customer they still made me do the 2 year contract in order to get a discounted price. Now, like you, I'm ready for my Droid X.... but, I am going to be paying the full price --- $500 or so. How did you get your Droid without doing a new 2 year contract?

OP
P

pitchblack86

Reaction score
@pitchblack86 -- How did you get your Droid without having to sign up for a 2 year contract? Did you pay the full price for it when you got it. I got mine in November 2009 (the week they came out) and although I was a Verizon customer they still made me do the 2 year contract in order to get a discounted price. Now, like you, I'm ready for my Droid X.... but, I am going to be paying the full price --- $500 or so. How did you get your Droid without doing a new 2 year contract?

i actually bought a Dare at the time when i opened up my account. about 2 months ago my father bought this droid and couldnt get used to the touch screen and went back to his Razr. so i bought this off of him for what he paid, think it was like $103 from walmart. my 2 year upgrade is up in november, from the dare. that pos is long gone haha.