Upgrading to the DX! What do I need to know?

Puchkey

Reaction score
I'm new on this forum. First post. Thanks for having me.
So as the title suggests I am upgrading to the fabulous DX on tues when it arrives from Verizon. I am currently using and loving my original Droid, but I took advantage of another new every two on our account. Yay! Looking forward to that big screen and faster processor!
So my question is what if anything do I need to know in order to make the transition smooth? When I register the X will my Droid apps automatically be avail for download? What about what I have stored on my droids SD card? Any words of wisdom? Should I prepare at all ahead of time?
Hopefully I've made the right decision. I wanted the latest and greatest but wont have a need for Lte as my area surely won't be using it for some time. Plus I love that big screen. Nothing coming down the pipe seems to be as nice. Long live Droid X! .... hopefully

Looking forward to your shared wisdom!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
I have gone from the D1....to Incredible....to X. Love it. You google account will sync everything back (apps) if you have google sync turned on. If you dont/arent using it already, you can turn it on at anytime.

If your moving your current SD card into the X, everything will still be there.

WeedR

Reaction score
I also upgraded to the X from the OG Droid. So far I love my X. I haven't rooted or anything yet and I love how fast it is. If you loved the original droid then you will love the droid x. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App