Upgrading to the Droid Incredible (Price & basic Verizon Questions)

Vigilante

Reaction score
Can someone straighten out some facts for me? I signed a two year contract last year, and of course you can "upgrade" to a new phone for money and a new two year contract right?

I have an LG Dare right now. If I upgrade to the Incredible will I get money off?
Also whats the cheapest place to get this phone? I hear it's cheaper to get it online instead of getting it at the stores.

Please help me out guys, and sorry if this is the wrong section to put this question in.

Grettski

Reaction score
Dont quote me on this, but I think you have to be in the last 6 months of your contract in order to upgrade or re-do your contract. Thats the way it was with me. If youre not in that zone you have to pay retail for the phone. The Dinc is like 5 or 6 hundred retail I think

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Actually, think the first discount comes in at one year, then heavier discount as you come up on two. Call them and ask to be sure. You will sign another extension on your contract at that point.

Grettski

Reaction score
Actually, think the first discount comes in at one year, then heavier discount as you come up on two. Call them and ask to be sure. You will sign another extension on your contract at that point.

Sounds like it depends on who ya talk to. I was told at 17 months it would be full retail. JK is absolutely right, call and ask. Thats the only way to know for sure. They may give you a deal depending on where you are in your contract. As a new owner of the Dinc, I say GET ONE!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Sounds like it depends on who ya talk to. I was told at 17 months it would be full retail. JK is absolutely right, call and ask. Thats the only way to know for sure. They may give you a deal depending on where you are in your contract. As a new owner of the Dinc, I say GET ONE!

You're definitely right on that one. Honestly, seems like a lot of the times, depends on who you can sweet talk. ;)

Also, they have been doing some early upgrade promotions. Worst they can say is no.

OP
V

Vigilante

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated! I'll give them a call soon.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
VZW has been doing an early upgrade from regular phones to smartphones so call them and tell the CSR that you want to upgrade and see what he says. I was able to upgrade my touch pro 2 to my Dinc after 7 months. We got my wife a new phone and 3 days later they wanted to upgrade her brand new phone to a smartphone too!!

If you are a new customer or at your eligibility date than there are better deals out there. If you are looking for some leeway on your upgrade dates call VZW

Chris