1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Upgrading to Droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Parrott2727, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Parrott2727

Parrott2727 New Member

I had the Blackberry Storm it froze regularily. Switched to a blackberry tour. It's a good phone. The ball sometimes sticks. I'm looking to get the Droid this week. I have a few of questions. I didn't like the keyboard on the storm and the keys are too small on the tour. What have you found regarding the keyboards of the droid? Also can contacts be switched over to the droid from the tour or must they be reentered. I imagine any blackberry apps won't convert. How are the costs for the droid apps? Thank you all for your help:blink:
  2. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

You're going to love the Droid. I got mine after ditching my blackberry curve. As far as keyboards, ,the Droid takes getting used to. Most apps for the android OS are free or really inexpensive. You can't transfer Blackberry apps to the Droid but you can transfer your contacts.
  3. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

yup, the poster above beat me to it.. all the apps i have/need are free. welcome to the forums!
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I don't really have anything else to add that the others already said but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. We may have something in common. :)