Upgrading to a LG V20

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I'm a little skeptic. Thoughts?

I guess I just wanna believe all the hype.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Believe it. It's a top notch phone. My pick for best this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Awesome!!!!! I am stoked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have heard nothing but good things. A buddy went to it after his Note 5 and since there was no Note 7 available.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I have heard nothing but good things. A buddy went to it after his Note 5 and since there was no Note 7 available.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I know you're going to think I just have new phone fever, however I promise you the following is true.

This phone is COMPLETELY under rated.

First, it is incredibly user friendly. The layout of all the tools and functions flow effortlessly. Nothing about it is awkward.

Second, for military grade material it shockingly extremely light and well balanced in your hand.

Third, the quality of the image. Supurb. Hands down the clearest quality I have ever had or heard of on a phone.

Fourth, this phone has enough juice to power the high end head phones without an adapter.

And lastly, I was going to purchase the galaxy view 2 as well today. Honestly I walked out with only the phone because now there is no use for a tablet. This phone does everything.

WHY have I not heard of it before?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You haven't even mentioned the ridiculously good camera.

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
You haven't even mentioned the ridiculously good camera.

That's because I'm going to have to figure out how to use it.

On and I forgot. External battery! Woot! Woot!

seriously I feel like I just walked out of the darkness into the light.

Now I get to spend all evening watching tutorials. I wasnt into the s7 so I never cared about the features this one however is different

Sent from my LG V20

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL. Auto mode is pretty easy. You can get lost in the Manual camera settings.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Seems like you made a pretty quick purchase, congrats on the new phone

ngt

Reaction score
The only thing i don't like is it's not water resistant. Otherwise, i love it. Had mine since black Friday. The audio recording quality and hi/fi output are amazing. I love the second screen and q slide. The ir blaster is great! The wide angle camera is great too, and being able to switch between the cameras while recording video is really nice. Today was my daughter's 2nd birthday and i had everyone in the room singing, then got the close-up of her blowing out the candles without leaving the room or zooming. Imo, feels more like a high end phone in my hand than my note 7, just from the case feel.

Last edited:
OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Seems like you made a pretty quick purchase, congrats on the new phone
Yes I did! Lol. But really the only difference in the v20 and g5 was the size.

Same snapdragon something. What is that anyhow?

the only issue I have so far is that because the phone is so light it slips out of my fingers and drops on my face a lot lol

I need a case for it. But there aren't many available.

Also I having figured out how to take a picture with a fist.

And for whatever reason the comma is not on the first screen on my keyboard

Sent from my LG V20

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
The only thing i don't like is it's not water resistant. Otherwise, i love it. Had mine since black Friday. The audio recording quality and hi/fi output are amazing. I love the second screen and q slide. The ir blaster is great! The wide angle camera is great too, and being able to switch between the cameras while recording video is really nice. Today was my daughter's 2nd birthday and i had everyone in the room singing, then got the close-up of her blowing out the candles without leaving the room or zooming. Imo, feels more like a high end phone in my hand than my note 7, just from the case feel.
Ok so what is q slide and the blaster part

Sent from my LG V20

ngt

Reaction score
Ok so what is q slide and the blaster part

Sent from my LG V20

IR blaster is the infrared thing. You can control regular tvs, dvd, directv receivers, etc without wifi or any internet connection. I had it on my S5, but the note 7 didn't have it.

Q slide is a 4th button you can add to your home keys that lets you do stuff on top of your opened web pages etc..it looks like a plus made out of 4 arrows. Only a few things work with it, but i haven't messed with it too much.

There's also a thing where you can swipe your finger across the home keys and it shrinks the screen to about 3/4 size to whatever side you swipe to. Sometimes i only have one hand and well, the screen is big, lol. One thing on that is after you do it and have the smaller screen, you can hit the x in the top left corner and nothing closes, it just goes back to normal size.

I am glad there was a problem with the Note 7, or i never would have found this phone. The folks at Best Buy hasn't even heard of it, told me nobody was interested in it, and tried to get me to get the pixel. They the girl did a side by side , to show me how much better other phones they currently had in stock were, and the employees at the mobile both were blown away at how cool the v20 was and didn't know why it wasn't more well known.

Last edited:
OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
IR blaster is the infrared thing. You can control regular tvs, dvd, directv receivers, etc without wifi or any internet connection. I had it on my S5, but the note 7 didn't have it.

Q slide is a 4th button you can add to your home keys that lets you do stuff on top of your opened web pages etc..it looks like a plus made out of 4 arrows. Only a few things work with it, but i haven't messed with it too much.

There's also a thing where you can swipe your finger across the home keys and it shrinks the screen to about 3/4 size to whatever side you swipe to. Sometimes i only have one hand and well, the screen is big, lol. One thing on that is after you do it and have the smaller screen, you can hit the x in the top left corner and nothing closes, it just goes back to normal size.

I am glad there was a problem with the Note 7, or i never would have found this phone. The folks at Best Buy hasn't even heard of it, told me nobody was interested in it, and tried to get me to get the pixel. They the girl did a side by side , to show me how much better other phones they currently had in stock were, and the employees at the mobile both were blown away at how cool the v20 was and didn't know why it wasn't more well known.
Ok so why can't I add additional themes like my s7 did. It doesn't have the store option

Sent from my LG V20

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Uh....Because it's LG. Theming is a Samsung thing.