upgrading my house to wireless bluetooth music with droid?

silenceforus

Reaction score
I've got an onkyo reciever at home, without any wireless capabilities. Its got toslink and coax spdif and a lot of other connections though. I'm hoping there's an item I can plug into my reciever, like rca jacks or headphone jack, that allows for bluetooth. Like a good dependable and high speed item that doesn't drop the connection or lag with the music

Second is a tutorial on how to stream music, whether it be from the music player or last.fm through bluetooth. I get hints on the forum its possible but noone has anything up about it, nor is it stickied. Any help folks?

GeLopez

Reaction score
i got a computer conected to my onkyo and i use vlc player to be able control the player from the droid or any windows phone. just an idea

OP
S

silenceforus

Reaction score
Well is it connecting to the computer via the internet or bluetooth? I haven't got constant internet on my computer, I use a verizon aircard. Plus I've got music on my droid that isn't on my computer.

D

dvdcatalyst

I've got an onkyo reciever at home, without any wireless capabilities. Its got toslink and coax spdif and a lot of other connections though. I'm hoping there's an item I can plug into my reciever, like rca jacks or headphone jack, that allows for bluetooth. Like a good dependable and high speed item that doesn't drop the connection or lag with the music

Second is a tutorial on how to stream music, whether it be from the music player or last.fm through bluetooth. I get hints on the forum its possible but noone has anything up about it, nor is it stickied. Any help folks?

Not sure if there is anything directly, but you could "mod" a (cheap) bluetooth headset to do the job.
Basically just cut off the little speakers, and connect some rca audio plugs to it.

As for dropping connections, just look at reviews for the headsets.