Upgrading my DROID to DROID X, How to?

TekWarrior

Reaction score
I just ordered my DROID X and will be having the same gmail account on it once I activate it and it will replace my DROID.

The question is all my Market Place apps I have paid for, will I be able to download them without paying for them again?

If not how can I "transfer" the applications?

Obviously the contact info etc won't be a problem since they sync through Google...

Any help is appriciated

validoption

Reaction score
I just ordered my DROID X and will be having the same gmail account on it once I activate it and it will replace my DROID.

The question is all my Market Place apps I have paid for, will I be able to download them without paying for them again?

Obviously the contact info etc won't be a problem since they sync through Google...

Any help is appriciated

Once you activate the X it should automagically restore your apps from Market. If not, just open market, go to downloads, and begin to download the apps from there.

Sent from my Droid

WhosToBlame

Reaction score

Any help is appriciated

Once you activate the X it should automagically restore your apps from Market. If not, just open market, go to downloads, and begin to download the apps from there.

Sent from my Droid

Automagically..... Awesome.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your paid apps are linked to your Google account, after you sign in they will show up in Downloads in the Market. Some people also back everything up with Titanium Backup (free) from the Market and then restore it on the new device (Root Required)

It is quite possible all of your downloads (paid and not) are linked to your Google account, I know when I made the jump to Froyo all of my apps downloaded in que after I signed into my account.