Upgrading from v4 to v5, safe to delete apps from /backups/apps?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Parafly9, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I may have backed up apps back in the day using Astro. I now have Titanium backup and a full backup done. I don't want to auto-restore the apps in /backups/apps, I'd rather manually restore what I want using Titanium. Am I safe to just delete all the apps out of the /backups/apps folder?

Just want to double check, since I know the v5 will automatically restore the apps that are sitting ou tin that folder. Some of them are old and have been deleted way back when for space savings and I don't want to restore them (plus the data isn't restored, anyway!)

2. texstar420

texstar420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a great question I installed BBv5 yesterday and saw apps from a long time ago that I thought were gone from a astro backup. I think deleting that astro back up may help but is it ok to delete apps from those backed up from Pete's backup tool.
    Also can I delete the whole backup folder and create a new backup?

3. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up clearing out everything in /backups/apps and it restored fine, I don't think those are needed and are leftover from an Astro backup.

4. texstar420

texstar420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So after you removed whatever apps you didn't want from the backup/app folder you installed bbv5 and it ran fine. Did you have any problems with low space warning?

5. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, but I didn't reinstall all the apps I had before. I definitely had the Low Space warning constantly on 4.4.

Some apps (like Gallery) had a crapload of data on them. I have a lot of photos on Picasa and I'm guessing it downloads thumbnails or something of them.

Search tags for this page

delete old titanium back up