Upgrading from DROID to a new.....

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Alright I have a quick question. With the VZW ETF being $350 now its not likely that I could justify switching to a newer phone and absorb that type financial blow. So I was thinking about this scenario let me know what you think.

The next VZW droid phone comes out and it has the snapdragon processor and its the next big thing but I am locked into my "contract". But would I be within my rights to purchase this phone for say $600 to $700 retail from VZW and deactivate my droid? I would then be able to sell my droid on ebay for $300-$400 bucks or what ever effectively subsidizing enough of the new phone to possibly make it worth my while.

All this being said I freaking love my droid and have no intention of the above scenario but I'm trying to stay ahead of the game. For now the Droid seems to have cured my phone whorishness though because I am no longer liking somethings and wishing for others. I have been able to get everything I want from my phone and the Market:) Thanks everyone in advance!!

cb2000a

Reaction score
Nope..no problem at all buying a new phone and paying full retail. You can finish the contract with any Verizon compatible phone you want. Remember this...for now faster cpu speed equal shorter battery life (which is one of the reasons the Droids cpu does not run at max speed).