Upgrading FB and Twitter

Discussion in '928Droid' started by magnus420, Nov 3, 2010.

1. magnus420

magnus420 New Member

ok, so yeah the themed facebook and twitter are ok. but id rather have the latest versions available.

how the hell do i upgrade? market doesnt work, i've tried renaming the apks, that didnt seem to allow market to install them. ideas?

thx
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

you need to move them from system/app to data app, reboot your phone and update. Or you could just delete them and do the same thing.
  3. magnus420

magnus420 New Member

bah, forgot the reboot phone part.. doh.

thanks..
  4. Urugami

Urugami New Member

I know they just came out yesterday, but does anybody know if (or when ;) ) 928Droid will be applying his theme to the new releases?
  5. chkmate

chkmate New Member

Actually, I just got done renaming it. I renamed it facebook.bak, restarted phone, went to market, downloaded newest version and installed. It is now not themed with 928, he will have to make a patch for it. Or of course you will have to live with it or revert back.

I personally don't use it enough to care. I will be reverting back for now. Worked just fine before and I like the way it looks themed:)
  6. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

okay so i found facebook in my system/app but when i go to the data folder astro file manager says it is empty. and i cannot rename it either, nor can i delete it...what else can i try?
  7. Raziel36

Raziel36 New Member

Forget the Data/App folder, just concentrate on renaming the Facebook apk file in System/App or just deleting it. You will need a file explorer that allows mounting the SDCard as RW, instead of RO. I use Root Explorer, myself and it does an excellent job. Just go to System/App and click on Mount RW at the top, then delete/rename the APK and reboot the phone. Then install the new one from the market.
  8. Smokie

Smokie New Member

yeah astro will do that. you will need Root Explorer. that'll allow you to move files and mount / unmount etc. astro acts funny and will show those folders as being empty. look for Root Explorer in the market.