Upgrading Droid SD Card

BigTex71

Reaction score
The phone actually uses Micro SDHC cards, not Micro SD like the tech specs say. I just got mine today from Verizon and removed the battery and card and it says clearly "SDHC 16gb" on it. You can get 32gb Micro SDHC card on newegg.com for around $79.99.

It should be obvious that any card over 2GB is SDHC, since the maximum you can get out of SD is 2GB. But I guess some people are unaware of that. But, yes, it must have been a typo.

srothkin

Reaction score
Yes, battery pull is required (just like on my BB Curve.) One of the few flaws about the Droid I have found so far.

Actually, I like that "feature". I generally DON'T want to remove the SD card (at least not until I get a 32gb card to replace it with, and even then only once to do the replacement). I like that it is in a place where it can't accidentally pop out (unlike my Treo 650).

medicTHREE

Reaction score
32 gb Micro SD cards are NOT available. Any 32 gb card you find is a SDHC, NOT MICRO! Good luck jamming that in your phone...

BillTheCat

Reaction score
I don't think I'll bother getting a faster 16GB card, but I'll upgrade to 32GB once they are out.

And yeah, eBay is full of fail. I once bought a 2GB card there, and it was even marked 4GB when it arrived. But it only read as 1GB- in multiple devices and PC's. I got had. lol

If it's not available on New Egg and other trusted sites, then what's on eBay is a scam.

ChrisK15

Reaction score
No 32GB microSD cards exist yet. Apparently SanDisk is going to release one relatively soon but usually SanDisk overcharges anyway.

lmwolfwalker

Reaction score
upgrading 8gig to 16gig file transfer?

I have a question...I have an 8gig card in my incredible now. I want to upgrade to a 16gig. What is the proper way to transfer all my info to the new card?

allmobile

Reaction score
I have same question about the transferring of memory. I'm rooted and I wasn't sure how the upgrade file was saved on the phone or the still the card. Info is good. I bought my phone used with a 2gb card. Need bigger

swagmonster

Reaction score
Plug into pc, mount phone as mass storage, copy files from current sd card into any foler on ur comp, unmount sd card from phone, insert new sd format it, mount phone as mass storage highlight all ur old files drag and drop into sd card, I'm assuming u kno how to view files from phone on computer

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

heavyvino

Reaction score
I just ordered one it was 49.99, it will be a replacement for my scandisk class 2 32gig card. It works really well, hoping for beter performance in app's that are on my sd card I got free two day shipping.

whittenrob

Reaction score
You don't have to pull the battery to do and SD card swap. Go the SD card management and unmount the card, put the new card in, and mount the new card if it does not auto mount - which it should.