Upgrading Droid SD Card

SnoopDoggieDroid

Reaction score
Anybody have plans to upgrade to the 32GB max? Obvious benefits would be to house more music but are there other benefits?

Hopeful Droid owner on Tuesday:p

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well so far 32GB Micro SD cards don't exist, but i'm sure of us will when they come out.

BigTex71

Reaction score
I'll wait for them to come down in price. I will just buy another 16GB card and swap them out when needed. Wait... I have one in my old BB Curve I will use for that. :)

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I'll wait for them to come down in price. I will just buy another 16GB card and swap them out when needed. Wait... I have one in my old BB Curve I will use for that. :)

Don't you have to pull the battery to do a swap?

And why does it look like there's an extra slot next to the existing card?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The extra slot was left there for GSM cards. This is the same model they use for GSM, other then the radio's are different.

BigTex71

Reaction score
Yes, battery pull is required (just like on my BB Curve.) One of the few flaws about the Droid I have found so far.

JoeFresco

Reaction score
Well so far 32GB Micro SD cards don't exist, but i'm sure of us will when they come out.

I thought i saw some on Ebay?

Here's on listing. Price is out of my ballpark

32GB Kingston Micro SD with adapter.Made in Taiwan - eBay (item 270479891622 end time Nov-06-09 13:54:20 PST)

Buying flash cards on ebay before they are generally released (I can't find anywhere else you can purchase them) is usually a recipe for getting a terrible card. I certainly wouldn't trust that this is actually a 32GB card that you won't have problems with and won't feel like you just blew $110 on.

And FWIW, $100-130 will probably be the going price for 32GB microsd cards on wide availability.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I thought i saw some on Ebay?

Here's on listing. Price is out of my ballpark

32GB Kingston Micro SD with adapter.Made in Taiwan - eBay (item 270479891622 end time Nov-06-09 13:54:20 PST)

Buying flash cards on ebay before they are generally released (I can't find anywhere else you can purchase them) is usually a recipe for getting a terrible card. I certainly wouldn't trust that this is actually a 32GB card that you won't have problems with and won't feel like you just blew $110 on.

And FWIW, $100-130 will probably be the going price for 32GB microsd cards on wide availability.

Maybe even a little lower :icon_ banana:

soldner

Reaction score
The phone actually uses Micro SDHC cards, not Micro SD like the tech specs say. I just got mine today from Verizon and removed the battery and card and it says clearly "SDHC 16gb" on it. You can get 32gb Micro SDHC card on newegg.com for around $79.99.

Diarrhio

Reaction score
The phone actually uses Micro SDHC cards, not Micro SD like the tech specs say. I just got mine today from Verizon and removed the battery and card and it says clearly "SDHC 16gb" on it. You can get 32gb Micro SDHC card on newegg.com for around $79.99.
You might want to read the listings on newegg more carefully. Those listings say SDHC, not Micro SDHC. Two separate things (I believe).