Upgrading Devices Question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by SSHGuru, Apr 21, 2011.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I have the OG Droid and have had it since day one. It needs replacing and I will be doing so when the first dual core phones come out this summer.

Here is the question.

Is there any way to transfer the information from my old Droid to the new one I will buy.

For example - I have K-9 Mail and 12 email addresses in it. It would take me hours to re-do it.

The same goes for my calender setup etc...

Will titanium backup do the trick and if so how do I do it.

If there is a better way please let me know.

2. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know apps are transferred when you sign into your Google account, but i'm not sure if the same settings, preferences, customization will be transferred also.

3. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    I know if you use MyBackup Root, it will backup all your apps that are installed AND the data that goes along with them. The backup goes on your sd card along with a backup .apk of MyBackup Root that way all you have to do is put the sd card on your new device, go through the file manager to find the .apk for MyBackup Root, reinstall it, then restore all your apps plus the data. Not 100% if it will work to backup the multiple email address' you have on K9 but the best thing to do would be to get this app from the market (free) and try it out on the OG Droid first. Hope some of this helps!