1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Upgrading Bugless Beast 7.8 to 7.9 with Patcher

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zz500, Feb 20, 2010.

1. zz500

zz500 New Member

Hey guys,

I'm running Bugless Beast 7.8 and noticed a patcher update to 7.9.
    And I guess this question would apply for all future updates or patches or something similar.

How do I use the patch? My guess is just copy the update.zip to my root SDcard. Reboot -- Hold down the 'X' key and power button bringing up recovery mode, then select allow update.zip etc. (the update.zip patch is small: 2,852kb)

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Yes, you are correct.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Skip 7.9 and go directly to V-1 AllDroid - View topic - Bugless Beast V1.0 (2/20/10)

There apparently is not going to be a 8.0 (probably because the Bugless Beauties are 8.X.

I'm running V-1 and it is very stable and the main thing for me is that the cell signal strength is superb.
  4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

You are right, I was just answering his question. :p
    V1.0 is great. I had no problems. Only reason he might want to stay is live wallpapers. 1.0 doesn't have them anymore. It was breaking root for some.
  5. zz500

zz500 New Member

Thanks. Downloading v1 right now.

The noob questions continue lol...

1) Do I need to uninstall the previous 7.9 BB rom in any way and
    2) Do i need to do a nandroid backup again
    -- or sprerecovery again (I used recovery-0.99.3.img with BB 7.9)

Just wanted to make sure of things before I proceed because last night, I rooted and installed 7.9 all in one sitting for the first time -- and everything went right on the first try. So... thanks
  6. zz500

zz500 New Member

Sorry to post again before my last question is answered but I was thinking...

Theoretically, if I flashed to BB V.1 -- could I then just install the standalone live wallpaper apk that I saw released yesterday? Or would that also break root? Because I really, really liked the live wallpapers (all day today hehe)
  7. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

1. No.
    2. I do a nandroid backup prior to installing any new rom, unless I like the previous system better than the current one. In other words, when I went from 7.8 to 7.9, I did not do a fresh nandroid backup because I had one for 7.7 that I liked better and did not want to every go back to 7.8.
    3. Just reboot into sprecovery and it will use the one you have flashed. If you flashed 99.3, it use that one. If you have 99.2b flashed it will use that one. Not a selection you have to worry about.
    4. Just follow the instructions on Pete's V-1 page. Use the update.zip method if you downloaded that file and nandroid method if you downloaded that file.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions. You will get answers.
  8. zz500

zz500 New Member

Thank you! It makes sense to backup ANYTIME before installing a new rom, so #2 was probably a 'duh' question.
  9. brandowelsh

brandowelsh New Member

updating bugless

Hello,
    I was unsure where else to ask this, but what is the best way to go about updating from bugless beast to the newest release? I am new to this and would appreciate any detailed explanations.
    Thanks
  10. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan New Member

Purchase Rom Manager from the market. 1 time purchase, and it gives you updates to many roms, themes, fonts, etc. And read up on Petes thread. Read the whole thread, and you'll understand why people get annoyed with those who don't read up before they ask questions.

[ROM] Bugless Beast V1.0 ESE81