Upgraded to the Nexus and not loving it? Give me your opinion

slyestwun10

Reaction score
I got my Nexus yesterday from Best Buy, was one of the first to pick it up at my local store. I paid regular price for it 299.99 plus taxes. Maybe I am having buyer's remorse I do love Android 4.0 but not the phone itself. I am not sure whether I am afraid of paying to much and there well be a official price cut very soon. Radio Shack has it for 249.99, Amazon for 199.99 and even verizon has a special price of 149.99 for people out in the mid-west. I'm wondering if I should return it and wait for a price cut.

Like I said I love Android ICS and it is so smooth for me. Haven't had any FCs. So far the FaceLock feature works without any problems. It is lightening fast over my wifi. However, did notice it is a little funny with the 4g/3g. Also it seems to get really hot for average use.

I was using an OG Droid prior to my purchase. I guess for those experts out there, will it be better to get a motorola phone like the Bionic, Razr or any phone with better hardware specs root and rom them or wait for a price cut that makes me feel happier with the Nexus.

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Best Buy pricematched the $199.99 on Amazon wireless for me last night. They said we have 30 days to find a lower price. Just bring in your receipt.

OP
S

slyestwun10

Reaction score
I ordered mine from bestbuy.com for instore pickup does it matter??

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Not sure, but take your receipt into the store have them look the price up on amazon wireless. They price matched my wife's phone for that since the amazon deal is for the primary line. For my secondary line they price matched it to $225.99 to match letstalk.com.

vicky1377

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this damn phone desperately for months and dying to dump att garbage, been with them for 8 years. Im New to this forum but Im on it every day few times a day. I have been closely tracking this phone, watched ics event closely and iphone launch closely too which sucked as i came from all the previous iphone versions. I played with nexus Lastnight finally at the store. I love it. I ordered mine from amazon for 150 and $100 gift card for buying hotspot ready phones. For 50 bucks it is a steal for me. I will have it in two weeks and Im out on vacation till then. Perfect for me:)

Sent from my crappy POS SAMSUNG-SGH-I897