upgraded to R2D2 droid2 from droid1.

rhinodawg34

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from the original droid to the r2d2 droid2 and I want to know how to back up my information from the original sd card onto the computer to the move to my droid2. I also was wondering how to get mp3s that i downloaded directly onto my droid onto my computer and move to my droid2. I can move it onto my computer, but don't know how to move it or burn it onto a cd. Not a real tech savy person, but trying to especially with have a droid. Thanks.:greendroid:

drew

Reaction score
Have you ever connected your Droid 1 to your PC? If so, you'll notice it installs drivers and shows up as a "removable disk" under My Computer. From there, you can copy your Droid 1 files to your computer. Plug in the Droid 2 and then copy files from your computer to your SD card.

I'm doing the exact same thing right now moving the data from my SD card from the Droid 1 to the new SD card in the Thunderbolt.

As long as your PC recognizes the devices, it really is as simple as copying / pasting. Droid 1 -> Computer -> Droid 2

If you don't have your Droid 1 anymore, you'll just have to swap out cards. A bigger pain in the rear, but really the same process.

Hope this helps.