Upgraded to ICS, battery life is terrible, is there a fix?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Of course Sydman has been doing an absolutely awesome job of giving you the best information on just about everything you need to know. He is amazing! But I surprisingly actually have something to add...

If you are unrooted, you can backup just about everything you need to back up using MyBackup and SMS Backup & Restore. MyBackup takes care of just about everything (apps, data, settings, contacts, bookmarks, call logs, mms, texts, etc. etc. etc.) and technically there is no reason to use SMS B&R but i do just because it works great and it gives you a lot more options to backup your texts than MyBackup (you can select which contacts texts you wnat and not bother with backing up ones you don't want, you can set dates, you can send to a email and view via excel, etc).

It does making doing an FDR much more stress free and doing an FDR pretty much does give you a brand new phone. Hope this helps!

Nice assist!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks Sydman! It seems like I said this to you before but.... that means a lot coming from you!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks Sydman! It seems like I said this to you before but.... that means a lot coming from you!

Thank you ma'am.

People helping people, it's powerful stuff. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That's why I love this forum and always come here first! I think we do an excellent job of it! It seems any answers I have ever needed have always come from here! DF rocks!

DiableDuSoleil

Reaction score
That's why I love this forum and always come here first! I think we do an excellent job of it! It seems any answers I have ever needed have always come from here! DF rocks!

I must concur. You guys are doing an excellent job of it! You folks are awesome! Thank you! I look forward to spending more time in this forum.

Do you use both MyBackup and SMS Backup & Restore or are you using SMS only?

I'm really looking forward to the next FDR if it becomes that simple.

Phone is now charging to complete FoxKat's Calibration Procedure.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I use both. On MyBackup I backup pretty much everything except texts (use the SMS B& R for that) and photos, media & music because I keep those on my ext-sd card.

I also go into individual apps and use their backup if they have one. I actually keep a list of all my apps where it has this feature.

After I do the fdr, I first go into play store and make sure it is not automatically installing all my apps and stop if it is... cuz I want to do those one at a time. Usually I discover there are apps I do not use or want anymore this way.

Then I go into SMS B& R and restore my texts.

Then I install my apps, one at a time and open the ones I use most or that have their own backup & restore feature... I check to see if they are still the way I had them. Some are. Then I go to the app's setting and restore for the ones that have that feature.

I make sure my emails are set up. I use Enhanced Email, so all I have to do is restore them. Not sure what other email programs have this feature.

Then as I use my phone and use my various apps, I either reset them up fresh or I will use MyBackup to restore their previous settings.

I probably missed a few steps that I typically do because it is fairly automatic for me but that is close.

And I redo FoxKatting my battery (battery calibration).

Happy fdr-ing. Don't hesitate to ask any questions along the way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

ErnestRazr

Reaction score
What helped me to fix (kind of, still not perfect) the issues with my razr was a cache clean.. I have seen many people advising to "factory reset" the phone.. But then you'll have to start from the scratch right?? I think everyone should give this a try before doing a factory reset...
Fixing the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX ICS Issues

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums ErnestRazr. You are right, doing a clear partition cache does help a lot. Doing a factory data reset, you sort of start from scratch but it depends on if you backup your info or not but it is the starting over from scratch that resolves any conflicts the software may have. In the thread below are some ideas for making doing an fdr easier.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums