Upgraded to droid2 global

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Not new, just boasting that my girlfriend and I both just upgraded to the droid 2 global. Me from the og droid, I've still got it I just can't make calls, and her from the lg ally.

She and I both love it. Its awesome having this kind of speed right out of the box!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Right out of the Box got a quadrant score of 1515, that's AFTER already installing a bunch of my own apps.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the upgrade to ya both :)...

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Thanks, she's been on her phone non-stop haha.

The first thing I did was install ADW, I'm not a huge fan of the lightened Motoblur. It is smooth but its transitions were a lil slow, and the screen indicator got REALLY annoying when I wanted to open my app drawer but I had to wait for the screen indicator at the bottom to go away.

Running ADW and its freaking smooth as hell! Once in a blue moon it appears to "lock" up briefly before continuing. I'm chalking this up to clearing RAM and loading RAM. Its only really noticeable because our devices have 512 RAM and a 1.2 GHz processor. I just wait a few seconds and it continues doing what it wants to do.

I did try to temproot using Z4 and I'm not completely positive it worked. However after running it I noticed a horrendous lag when using my phone. I rebooted now everything is fine. I installed temp+cpu pro widget and I'm noticing that STOCK, my phone alternates between 300 Mhz and 1.2 Ghz, with an ondemand processor (I did install setcpu, I can't change the settings but I could see what they were). So the phone does underclock out of the box based upon usage.

I'm not going to root until the dev community is out in force and things have stabilized to the point of being able to recover if I have to. Besides I do want to get OTA updates right now and not get bricked.