Upgraded to 2.4 and new market.. problems!

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by RacingTiger03, Dec 12, 2010.

1. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 New Member

I can't use my phone at all, as soon as I make the screen come on it starts doin whatever it wants, and doesn't respond to much/any inputs from me. Initially I did cache wipe only and install, when this problem began I did a complete wipe of everything and restored to prior installation, same issue, then a complete wipe of everything and clean install of 2.4 didn't take care of it either. After the phone sat overnight without charging but on it worked fine for about 15 minutes this morning and the issue returned. At one point it did go from being copmletely nuts to the right side of my screen not working.

Should I do an update back to OEM and go to VZW with it?
  2. bp328i

bp328i Theme Developer Theme Developer

Is it acting like a ghost is using the phone??? Buttons being pushed but not by you? And when you push something is does nothing?
  3. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 New Member

basically yes. But even on a reboot after everything initializes and the screen dims you can feel the phone vibrating as if I was doing a long touch on the main screen after the booting process is over, but its still on the bootloading screen (droidXeye)
  4. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

You can try reflashing, but the same thing happened to me. Turns out I dropped the phone one too many times. It was a hardware problem in my case.
  5. bp328i

I just went through this about 2 weeks ago, mine was from an aftermarket charger. I had the SBF back to stock and Verizon sent me a new one (well refurb) because I was just within my year.
  6. bp328i

Hey ZBoater, not to hijack this thread but if your still running my NexTheme can you check your Gallery and let me know if when you press menu buttons do they glow pinkish/red???
  7. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 New Member

Yeah, I'm inclined to think its a hardware issue, but the fact that it doesn't do it constantly (like right now its working fine again) makes me think otherwise...
  8. Tsip85

Tsip85 New Member

have you tried restoring a backup and see if it still acts funny?
  9. bp328i

After I SBF'ed back to stock it mine would work for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes then freak out again. I tried everything including nandroids, new ROM's, SBF'ed back to stock, and formatting my sdcard...

Are you using an aftermarket charger?
  10. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 New Member

TSI, yes, I've tried two full restores(1 of which before any issues occured), and a TOTAL re-install for 2.4, none solved the issue.

Bp, I'm using the same charger that came packaged with my phone 1 year ago =/
  11. FunnelWeaver

FunnelWeaver New Member

The same thing happened to me. It is definitely a hardware issue. I flashed the stock SBF on mine, took it to Verizon and they replaced it.
  12. atcjeff

atcjeff New Member

I installed the new market and have had no problems. I'm runnin 2.4 on a D1 and downloaded the new vending.apk from a droidlife twitter post. No crashes, no problems. Thank goodness!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App