Upgraded to 2.1, but want to return to previous OS?

Jabberwocky31

Reaction score
I upgraded to 2.1 on Sunday and have experienced several problems (i.e., lost all contact information, inability to set speed dials, etc.). I went to VerizonWireless store where I purchased the Eris and the representative couldn't help me fix the bugs.

I had no problems whatsoever with the previous OS and would like to return back to it, if possible.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and, if so, how to proceed?

rushmr2

Reaction score
As far as I know, it is not possible to go backwards in Android versions.

Many people seemed to have their contacts erased, but this was most likely because not all of your contacts were stored as google contacts. I think it was stupid of google to ever not sync all the contacts, but this is fixed in 2.1 and should not be a problem again. All new contacts will now automatically sync with your google contacts. A good way to check your google contacts is to log on to your gmail account on your computer and see if your contacts are all there (On the main gmail page, contacts is one of the options on the left). Once your contacts are synced with your gmail account, they will never be erased unless you manually erase them.

If they are all there, then I would suggest a factory reset, as that would probably fix your problem with the speed dial as well. If everything is situated right, your apps and contacts will be put back after the reset, but pics and music will be erased so I would save everything you can to your sd card first and take it out when you do the reset.