"Upgraded" from v1.0 to v1.1 and a few questions

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Jim 777, May 28, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all,

I decided last night to go from 1.0 to 1.1 and have been real happy with 1.0 but I was really curious about the Android 2.2 Froyo Talkback App as I thought it might be voice to text, something I'd really like. Plus I thought if 1.0 was that good, then 1.1 must be better right?

So I have a couple questions as I'm not real confident "exploring" unknown things especially if I don't know how to get them (I.E. scripts). Feel free to address any or all if possible.

1. I tried the Launcher that was included in the SG theme. I've seen screenshots where people have shortcuts on either side of the app drawer handle. How do I get them there? Is it even possible with this one?
    2. I did not do a wipe when installing the ROM so much of things that I thought I'd have to redo, were still there (bonus). However there's no place that has 9 home screens. Any relation?
    3. Because I didn't wipe data, am I losing anything, be it performance, features, etc? Everything seems to be running right out of the box, but seems the same as 1.0
    4. It seems the launcer included is much laggier (laggier?) than the regular home that I usually use.... is this normal?

I think that's it.

Pete, awesome dude! Thanks.

2. jonnybgewd

jonnybgewd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download helix launcher, launcherpro, and adw launcher from the market. launcher pro is the smoothest to me. but they allwork well.

3. Dmoralize

Dmoralize Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason you don't see 9 screens is because of the launcher. When you use that, you only get the 5 screens.

If you use the default home, you get the 9 screens.

Also, you can't add icons on that launcher. You'd have to download one of the other 2.1 style launchers from the market if you wanted that.