Upgrade?

crashngo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Right now I have a D1 that i just rooted and I am loving it. But i have received the mailer that i could upgrade to the thunderbolt for like $149. So my question to you is, should i take the upgrade? The one thing i am worried about this upgrade is that i would get the thunderbolt and a new better phone would come out, like the Targa. Should i worry about this or should i just go for the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Also I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, mods if it is could you please move it?

Droid592

Reaction score
To be honest with u it all come down to personal preference this whole core and dual core stuff is nothing to worry about because in all honesty a dual core phone is onlyy so u can say "mines dual core" the phone itself will not use dual core to its full potential, not for a while at least. The TB is a great phone I don't think verizon has a better one to be released, the D3 and X2 look exactly like they do now so its not even something to go crazy over. Yes the charge is coming out soon but in my opinion samsung still has a way to go before coming out with a great phone. The TB has its issues battery life blah blah blah but in all honesty all of these phones did when they first got release, there like cars the first year of a new model will never be as great as the later years the good thing about phones is we get updates and through those updates bugs are more then likely to be worked out. I myself am buying two TB's next month one for my girl and one for me I would go for it plus 4G is $29.99 unlimited still!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dafischman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Right now I have a D1 that i just rooted and I am loving it. But i have received the mailer that i could upgrade to the thunderbolt for like $149. So my question to you is, should i take the upgrade? The one thing i am worried about this upgrade is that i would get the thunderbolt and a new better phone would come out, like the Targa. Should i worry about this or should i just go for the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Also I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, mods if it is could you please move it?

I just went from a rooted D1 to the Thunderbolt. I love this phone. I had been a Bionic hold out, but jumped on this before the 1 yr contracts expire. At some point you have to quit worrying about the next phone to come out and get one now. If you wait for the Targa, everyone will be talking about the next big phone coming out in 3 months. Also, the Targa is only rumored to be Q3 at best.

If you can live with your Droid 1 for longer, you will likely get something better sometime in the future, but who knows when. Or you can jump on the Thunderbolt, which for me was a MASSIVE jump. I cannot believe how well this phone just works. No more redraws of the home screens or my app drawer every time I want to use it. All my apps snap open instantly and I have yet to get a FC on it.

Battery life has been average for me. For some reason, even on an ULV kernel my droid overclocked to 1.2 had horrible battery life. I played with my phone straight from 9am to 5pm today, downloading apps, playing games, watching some youtube vids, surfing the net, taking some photos of my daughter, and plugged it in with 28% battery life still. That was 8hrs of screen on time doing things that eat up battery and I still had enough battery to play had I wanted to. One key thing is I'm not in a 4G area and have turned of the 4G on the phone, and I've heard that is supposed to give great battery life, so that could have been part of it.

Josh

Suuperflie

Reaction score
No NFL mobile app is killing it for me as far as the TB goes. I wish it was compatible.