Upgrade to Note 4 or Note 5???

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
What to do ...Current S5 owner and am looking to go Note 4 or 5 but done like not having a MICRO SD Card slot on the Note 5. Note sure what do to .....Is the 5 really that much superior and that much better? Any current and former Note 4 and Now Note 5 owners have feed back?

Thanks All ! !! !

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Performance is a bit better on the 5 and the S pen has a bit more functionality. Check out youtube. There are some good side-by-side comparison videos there.

Biggest thing to consider is HOW important is the sd slot to you? Next biggest thing is price. If the 4 isn't already on sale, it will be. Given that you have an S5, you've already got a phone in that "generation" of Samsung devices. The 4 is quite similar to the S5.

If money doesn't matter to you and you think you can live without sd cards, I'd say go for the 5. If nothing else, it will be supported and see updates farther into the future. The extra performance will make a difference in another year or two as well.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Thinking about it even more i do get 25 gb cloud storage so i dont think this will be an issue as i also back up music on google and what not.....DECISIONS.......DECISIONS....DECISIONS...........

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Once a day or so ...depends on useage

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
You might consider that with the Note 5. You will have to be near an outlet or have an extended battery pack (I use an external one myself) since swappable batteries are out.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
and thoughts on note 4? already have an external pack....which is good

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I love my Note 4 but SD is pretty important for me. I also didn't care for the glass design on the 5.

One thing I do like on the 5 is the scrollable screen grab I would use that a TON.

Note 4tified

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Note 4 is a great phone. It has an awesome screen, great camera, and phone call quality is good as well.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
is the note 4 much of a difference than the S5 and worth the upgrade?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
is the note 4 much of a difference than the S5 and worth the upgrade?

The Note 4 has a higher screen resolution, OIS for the camera (even though they are both 16MP shooters), a better processor, and quick charging compared to the S5. It doesn't have the water resistance rating though.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
thanks all i have decided to go with the note 5. I have backed up all my music to the google music ap so i still access it and not worry about space. So that takes care of the storage issue and concern with the sd card. So i think i am good as of now LOL...

Any feed back on the battery life and what the expectations could be coming from an s5?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I typically get 15 to 20 hours on my N5. That is with about 4-6 hours screen time. I don't do much streaming or gaming which would decrease that time on battery considerably.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

manju

Reaction score
thanks all i have decided to go with the note 5. I have backed up all my music to the google music ap so i still access it and not worry about space. So that takes care of the storage issue and concern with the sd card. So i think i am good as of now LOL...

Any feed back on the battery life and what the expectations could be coming from an s5?

Check this video out for a great solution on the n5 SD card

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk