Upgrade to Droid X

Zhall

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Droid 2 Global, thinking that the slideout keyboard was a major victory, and being pulled in by the shininess of it's release date being the recentest...

My other 3 family members got the Droid X, and are streaming video and SNES through their HDMI cables... :/

Another knife in the coffin is the ability to connect up the Wii controllers, which makes playing sega genesis through your tv using your phone as the console infinity more awsome.

However the droid 2 global does work better for the opensource project Openttd.

I dont really need the global feature, as i do not travel often.

Im at a crossroads, what should i do?

Stick with the Droid 2 Global, or get the Droid X?

Also, how do i go about transfering all of my applications/registrations with email/facebook. I dont exactly want the receiver of my refabbed phone to steal my identity, but im sure Verizon has this all figured out.

As for all of my data i put on the phone, copying the contents of the SD card should get me home free.

Im already planning on switching, so itll take a lot to keep me from doing so, I have heard that the Droid X is unrootable though, which would be a major dissapointment... but im not sure how legit that source was.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Well u kinda seem like u want the dx more than you let on you have 30 days to return your global from the day you pick it up so go ahead

°^°

OP
Z

Zhall

Reaction score
The X is totally rootable...

I've rooted it three times, using three different methods.

Good to hear.. good to hear.. How about that lockout chip eh?

It also seems like google more or less doesnt care if you root your phone, as alot of applications on the Android market have root only features...