1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Upgrade to Bionic or raxr from DX

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Gunner67, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Gunner67

Gunner67 New Member

I cant decide whether to get the bionic or razr I currently have the dx with extended battery and am worried about lte battery drains on the new phone. How do you all like the bionic compared to the dx and razr?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

It's a preference... you want thinner or a removable battery is what it basically comes down to.
  3. LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven New Member

Personally, I like the form factor on the bionic better, the razr feels too sharp to me, too thin. If you're worried about battery life, the bionic has the extended battery, or you could get a maxx. It's really up to your preference, though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I have both. Since the update, my bionic has turned into a great phone. My RAZR MAXX on the other hand, has turned Into a quirky clumsy phone. But the next update will probably fix that. Both phones are awesome. You can't lose either way

Did u know there is an update coming for the DX??? It will hopefully fix alot of that phones issues.

sent from my RAZR MAXX
  5. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Both are awesome phones and pretty comparable. I have had the Bionic, RAZR and currently have the RAZR Maxx. You can't go wrong with any of them. The Bionic with an extended battery gets awesome battery life. Not as good as the Maxx but it is close.

And don't put too much merit into comments about the Bionic being a bad phone. Sure there are some that have had issues. But there are also many who have had nothing but a great experience with it. I personally had zero issues with mine. For every phone that is released you will have some that have problems. But remember people with bad experiences are more vocal than those with good ones.
  6. Gunner67

Gunner67 New Member

Thanks for all the replies! I am wondering if the size of the bionic with extended battery is comparable to the dx with extended battery in terms of weight and battery life using lte 4g as I am used to the droid x already

7. felixtibs

felixtibs New Member

Bionic is problem free nowadays for all. It wasn'T four months ago. Good price too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. rdgxray

rdgxray New Member

I have both bionic and razr...basically same phone ....they have different screens though....bionic is easy to see all the time even in bright sunlight ...the razr is a touch darker with super amoled screen ...in sunlight I can see it but not as well...they both auto adjust brightness with a sensor...works great 99% of the time...I play hex defense ...it is so dark on razr I almost can't see hexes....I could turn off automatic brightness and fix it but it is a small inconvenience ...watching movies on razr through Netflix works great and screen looks awesome ...little bit of a trade off with the razr's screen ....the external speaker on razr is very loud if you like streaming music...on lowest volume angry birds is still easy to hear...I enjoy them both...just slightly different experience with each...would use either and be happy....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  9. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Here's a picture of the Bionic with the Motorola Extended Battery. It is rated at 2760 mAh and adds about 1/8" to the thickness (and 1 oz to the weight).

IMG_5972.jpg

That being said, there are 3 other extended batteries, aside from Motorola's, available for the Bionic. Mugen makes 2; one is rated at 2000 mAh for $42 and the other is 4000 mAh for $98. Seidio makes one rated at 3500 mAh for about $55. The 2000 mAh one from Mugen fits in the same area as the OEM battery so you'll use the original door. All the others add to the thickness in varying degrees.
  10. Gunner67

Gunner67 New Member

So you think the screen is better on the bionic??

11. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

The Bionic's screen is generally said to be better in sunlight, but I recommend going to a Verizon store and trying both.
  12. Garemlin

Not necessarily better. Just different. Both look good. The RAZR gets points for being more vivid and the Bionic for sunlight visibility.

Tap'd to the Maxx
  13. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

RAZR is thinner, has non removable battery. The MAXX has a larger battery and isn't as thin but is still thinner than the Bionic. Bionic has an awesome look, removable battery, not as thin, does good in sunlight.
  14. skruid

skruid New Member

just get a galaxy nexus, it is a great phone I love it, zero issues, unlock able bootloader, custom kernels and roms, android 4.0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  15. Garemlin

Glad you like your Gnex but it wasn't an option for the OP.

Tap'd to the Maxx
  16. skruid

skruid New Member

Yeah I know, just putting it out there, phones are all user preference

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  17. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Lots of good advice. Another thing to consider about the RAZR Max, you'll probably be better positioned to get quicker updates as that is the one Motorola is riding right now. With that said, I am totally happy with my Bionic.

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk
  18. Gunner67

Gunner67 New Member

Im not in love with the flimsy feel of the razr...

19. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

The Bionic with the VZW extended is comparable to the Razr Maxx IMO...both have great battery life - I think the screen of the Bionic is better in sunlight than the screen of the Razr but with full brightness on (Razr) then they seem comparable - this is where the Maxx comes into play.

I cannot recommend one over the other - it is like what Shadez said above - it comes down to thinner or removable battery...
  20. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider is the Bionic can be had (used, like new) off contract for around $200. That way you save your upgrade in case some quad core insane thing that none of us can live without gets released! :D