Upgrade to and S3?

panteramatt

Reaction score
Well my droid X is giving me problems and my contract is up so time to get a new phone. Can anyone tell me how the new samsung galaxy SIII compares? I mainly use it for internet browsing and downloading and the camera is important. Is it worth upgrading now or should I wait for something else? Does the SIII get any better service than the X besides the whole 3g 4g thing. I cant get 4G near me anyway but my 3G on the X seems to come and go.

Beka27

Reaction score
The S3 is a major improvement. Granted, I haven't had a stock DX since early 2011 (most recently, I've been on Miui), so my experience may have differed from yours. But it's a great phone. It's quick. The only change I've made has been putting ADW on (TW isn't my thing) and Go SMS.

The camera is amazing. That was always one of my biggest gripes with the DX. I tried countless roms, settings, and 3rd-party camera apps. Nothing compares to the stock S3 camera.

jseah

Reaction score
The camera is amazing. That was always one of my biggest gripes with the DX. I tried countless roms, settings, and 3rd-party camera apps. Nothing compares to the stock S3 camera.

The cameras on Motorola phones are the worst phones on the market. Since I got the S3 for my sons, I haven't had a chance to compare how the camera is like compared to the Rezound. In my experience, HTC cameras are the best ones available in a cell phone. The S3 camera does have some features that are pretty neat, like taking multiple shots and prompting you with the best one, and the auto face detection.