Upgrade time

stemo

Reaction score
I currently have am lg ally which at first when I got it I liked but have come to hate due to the lack of internal storage and speed of phone (opening and closing apps).

My upgrade is a month away and I am between the DROID RAZR and DROID 4. The only full touch screen I've had was the LG chocolate I had before the ally. So I'm use to the qwerty keypad. I am willing to try something different tho.

So I guess I'm wantn to be convinced on why to get the RAZR over the D4.

Thanks

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I currently have am lg ally which at first when I got it I liked but have come to hate due to the lack of internal storage and speed of phone (opening and closing apps).

My upgrade is a month away and I am between the DROID RAZR and DROID 4. The only full touch screen I've had was the LG chocolate I had before the ally. So I'm use to the qwerty keypad. I am willing to try something different tho.

Thanks

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums
Well I'm not going to try to convince you one way or the other. I will just say that I came from a Blackberry and was very use to a qwerty keypad and bought the Droid Pro because it had a qwerty keypad...I thought I'd never have a phone without one. Well, I switched from my Pro to the Razr when the Razr first came out and have not missed the qwerty keypad at all. I recommend you go look at both and decide what feels right for you. Unlike the Pro which gave up screen size for keypad, the Droid 4 is a Razr with a sliding keypad. Just get the one you're most happy with.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am in the same boat, I always used Blackberry's until I got the Droid X. Eventually I got tired of the full touch screen and got the Droid Pro, ended up ditching the Pro when the Blackberry Bold Touch came out in August. Yet when this Razr came out in November I came running back to Android, never to stray again. I have however missed the keyboard on the Blackberry and even the Pro, but that being said I don't think I could give up my Razr even for the D4.

I went into the store and just was not that impressed with the phone as I have been with my Razr, then again I have not liked any of the D1-D4's yet. They just don't seem they are quite there yet with the keyboard on those things, and the D4 just seems to bulky after having the Razr. It is a tough choice you have on your hands there, I might give the D4 another shot at checking it out in the store but I am pretty sure I am sticking with the Razr. Even been considering getting the Razr Maxx and selling my Razr on Gazelle.

Course I know if I pay full price for the Razr Maxx now in two months they will come out with something even better and I will be kicking myself. Such is the life we lead with these fancy phones.

Noodle360

Reaction score
"They just don't seem they are quite there yet with the keyboard on those things"

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]FYI this is by far the best keyboard I have used. Just the feel of it, the back lighting, the spacing between the buttons, its almost perfect. Sure is there something I would change? Well yet but they absolutely cannot please everyone with it. Honestly the only issue I have with it is the Caps lock button. I don't know why on earth they installed that on here... you can push shift twice and its the same thing... but one minor issue isn't going to ruin it for me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Deciding between the D4 and Razr was simple for me, because I need the Keyboard. I have always used one, and most likely will use one for some time. I had an all touch screen phone once and hated it, I even pull up the swype keyboard on here and although its not bad for short messages, my messages usual get long, and I cannot see myself using it for long messages. I especially don't like (and I know this would be impossible to get rid of all together) that when you swype a word and it could be a couple different words you have to pick which word you ment out of the list, on my keypad I'm already done trying the next word.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]But for the op it comes down to weather you want a keypad or not. I have the D4 and my friend has the razr, there almost identical other then the keyboard.[/FONT]

DocsDad

Reaction score
We went in to get my wife the D4.... walked out with the RAZR. She saw how happy I was with mine. Let the keypad be the decision is my opinion. If you don't need it than go with the RAZR. It ROCKS! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

ltcalex

Reaction score
I have never owned a D4 however my last smartphone was a BB Tour and the querty was OK. Coming to the RAZR, I was hesitant about the touch screen. Guess what, I've gotten used to it since the RAZR overall is a beast! I go along with others in strongly recommending this be the Flagship of all Droid smartphones. IMHO.

mackt

Reaction score
If you are comfortable with the size of the razr's screen then get a maxx. The battery is too small on the razr and it is too thin in my opinion. If the screen is too big for you or if you really want a keyboard get a droid 4.

B

bens42608

IMHO razr maxx is the best phone out right now except id rather have my bionic... lcd screen plus removable batteries with standalone charger

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

monkey_man

Reaction score
I truly loathe Motorola for killing the Droid Line :mad:. Droid 4 is such a half-arsed made phone!

jdroid80

Reaction score
My first touch screen phone was the LG Dare. There's a huge difference typing and using a phone with a 4.3" touchscreen vs a 3" screen. Get the RAZR for sure.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I went into the store again last night to play with the D4 and I am still happy with my Razr. That keyboard while being the nicest one they have ever made is still not enough to get me to switch over.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
There is nothing the Droid 4 does better than the Razr, except the hardware keyboard. The only reason to get the Droid 4 is for that Keyboard.

In every other way the Razr is as good or better. I think even the Razr's display is a little better. If you dont care about hardware keyboards, then get the Razr.

t35rk

Reaction score
There is nothing the Droid 4 does better than the Razr, except the hardware keyboard. The only reason to get the Droid 4 is for that Keyboard.

In every other way the Razr is as good or better. I think even the Razr's display is a little better. If you dont care about hardware keyboards, then get the Razr.

Have you even seen the display? It's no contest.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

loki993

Reaction score

Make that a lot better. Colors on the D4 screen is very washed out. Its actually quite a disappointment. I was absolutely ready to buy a D4 until I saw the screen

t35rk

Reaction score
Make that a lot better. Colors on the D4 screen is very washed out. Its actually quite a disappointment. I was absolutely ready to buy a D4 until I saw the screen

I was ready too. A screen like that in 2012 is a joke. The bean counters at MOTO need to be slapped.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums