Upgrade time!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Task managers are a heavily debated topic. My advice is you dont need it, what it does is clear the ram which in turn requires energy to get app back into ram. Once it is ram it wont be used until you click on it. So theoretically your creating more work for the phone. But once again, many are for it(average joes), many are against (that would be the nerdy people)

Yep, unused ram is worthless ram. Most people think if you have free ram that is ram your phone can use, but it's not. It's just sitting there doing nothing. The other thing is that once your phone is using too much ram, the Android system will kill stuff automatically, which is better and targeted vs a task killer killing things blindly. Another thing is when you kill a lot if apps they'll just start again, so the killer had to kill again... And again... which is inefficient.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, unused ram is worthless ram. Most people think if you have free ram that is ram your phone can use, but it's not. It's just sitting there doing nothing. The other thing is that once your phone is using too much ram, the Android system will kill stuff automatically, which is better and targeted vs a task killer killing things blindly. Another thing is when you kill a lot if apps they'll just start again, so the killer had to kill again... And again... which is inefficient.
Like zombies. Got to shoot the head. :biggrin:

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score

So your not saving battery life by killing those programs running in the background? Thats the reason I use task killers, maybe i just dont understand things rights

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So your not saving battery life by killing those programs running in the background? Thats the reason I use task killers, maybe i just dont understand things rights
Check out the first link in my sig, that should help clear things up for ya.:)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The fundamentals. They are different then the way your home pc works. Im not an expert but i think i can hit it close i think. If you had an app that was idk... paint. your playing on that paint app but suddenly you get a text, so you click in you text to bring it to the front. That paint app now sits in a frozen space in the ram. Its not taking any energy from cpu or anything. its just sitting their to be used. You send your text and now click back inside your paint app. That app is now using cpu again. If you have a taskiller that stops everything from running, that app will now need to be loaded into your ram again thus taking away some energy to get it back to the ram. This probably wouldnt be such a big deal for a paint app because i cant imagine that being used a lot but taskillers usually kill lots of apps. So if you played angrybirds 10 times a day, the taskiller kills it every hour, each time you go to play it the game has to be loaded into the ram the again. Even apps such as messaging which can be used a lot use energy to get reloaded into the ram. Nativity, if the ram is full android will kill off the least important process thats not used a lot automatically. Why would the taskiller be needed then? its not. the process is already done for you. with a taskiller you are doing the process earlier then what is needed and since taskillers ask users what they want that in itself is a flaw becuase many people dont understand how this works and just think all running stuff must be taking up energy. this is how i understand it. i could be wrong. :happy3:

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I googled Nexus, and all the pics were of an old Nexus I assume, but I sure hope the new nexus doesnt have that stupid track ball! I love the fact that the new phones now are all screen.

Is this the exact phone verzion will have? http://www.google.com/nexus/#/tech-specs

A
few things I noticed:
*looking at the photo it doesnt look like a 4.3 inch?
*It only has a 720p AMOLED compared to the Razr's 1080p AMOLED
*Only a 5MP rear facing camera, compared to the Razr's 8MP
* It does have a front facing camera while the Razr doesnt! Why not Razr!?
*It doesnt have an HDMI out like the Razr does.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I googled Nexus, and all the pics were of an old Nexus I assume, but I sure hope the new nexus doesnt have that stupid track ball! I love the fact that the new phones now are all screen.
lolz, thats the Nexus 1. trackball is indeed gone.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got to ask. How come the Rezound get's so little love? In my opinion its above the Razor and only right behind the Nexus because of the new software and instant updates. I've searched and had debates with people but know one can give a solid reason that doesn't some how involve the "true google experience" as to why the Nexus is better then the rezound. I'm not hating on the Nexus I understand the hardware is fine tuned to work with the software and all that jazz.

NOT trying to start a war here, but why don't many people like the Rezound?

edited for like 50 spelling errrors LOL

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I got to ask. How come the Rezound get's so little love? In my opinion its above the Razor and only right behind the Nexus because of the new software and instant updates. I've searched and had debates with people but know one can give a solid reason that doesn't some how involve the "true google experience" as to why the Nexus is better then the rezound. I'm not hating on the Nexus I understand the hardware is fine tuned to work with the software and all that jazz.

I had some time to waste today since I was waiting for friends so I dropped by Verizon.

I checked out both the Razr and Rezound and was disappointed with the Razr overall. The Razr is nice and light, but the screen isn't very impressive at all to me, I even go as far to say my Incredible has a better screen. The size, weight, and quality were the best in the store, but the screen didn't impress me at all. Didn't seem as sharp to me and had a slight off color to it, maybe it was a bad unit, but definitely not impressed. The power button on this also didn't want to cooperate well either, but demo unit so figured it's been abused. Other than the screen it's a very nice device; fast, light, thin, and extremely well built.

As for the Rezound, wow. It is significantly bigger than my Incredible, but didn't feel huge. The screen was very sharp and the colors were nice and crisp. It was quick and snappy, but not a fan of the new animations they use in HTC sense. Those red hardware buttons were very nice and very appealing, a subtle difference, but a great change. The audio was quite impressive, but I wouldn't say it was much better than my Incredible with proper tweaking to the equalizer and my Senheisser CX300 (i think that's the model), Beats is highly overrated imo. The one problem I had with it was that the power button wasn't very responsive or register well, probably just that unit as it's a demo.

This was also my first time demo'ing 4g. Wow...it's almost as fast as my wireless at home, very impressive. All the 4g phones I demo'd were extremely fast and can't wait to get a device with 4g LTE. If I had to upgrade today, which I easily could've, I would've gone with the Rezound, with no hesitation if I didn't want the Nexus. I really like HTC and am a fan of HTC Sense (I personally dislike that the app drawer button looks so much like an app icon on Moto). I'll decide in a couple weeks, hopefully the Nexus is out by then...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

the problem with it for me lately is the whole CarrierIQ thing. I think ill stay away from HTC until that pans out a bit more. Its shady.... I think the rezound has it.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

Is this the exact phone verzion will have? http://www.google.com/nexus/#/tech-specs

A
few things I noticed:
*looking at the photo it doesnt look like a 4.3 inch?
*It only has a 720p AMOLED compared to the Razr's 1080p AMOLED
*Only a 5MP rear facing camera, compared to the Razr's 8MP
* It does have a front facing camera while the Razr doesnt! Why not Razr!?
*It doesnt have an HDMI out like the Razr does.

Don't get me started... ;)
Screen: 4.65 inch. The reviews look fantastic.
Megapixels: They Don't Matter!... >.<
Front cam: it's good quality over Razr, it's not vga.
Hdmi: it has hdmi through USB

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't get me started... ;)
Screen: 4.65 inch. The reviews look fantastic.
Megapixels: They Don't Matter!... >.<
Front cam: it's good quality over Razr, it's not vga.
Hdmi: it has hdmi through USB

Lol. Just lol. I like defense mode.

Sent from a bubblegum factory because I'm all out of gum.