Upgrade Time

mmillard

Reaction score
It's time for my phone upgrade with Verizon and I'm pretty pumped about making the switch the smart phone with the D2. My one concern about the D2 is it seems like you're pretty much locked into being constantly connected to facebook, twitter etc. I don't really want that. I have really ugly friends and I don't want to see their ugly mugs when I go to call them. I don't want status messages showing up in my contacts when all I want to do is call my wife to see what we need at the store. So, friends please reassure me that I can turn all the crap off and use this device in the manner I wish. Thanks!

droidmatic

Reaction score
Yes, you can turn that off, but for my money I'd wait for the thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bwhite757

Reaction score
You do not have to put your facebook or twitter credentials in the phone. And if you use the app, it gives you the option to sync with contacts or not.

I don't quite agree with the above poster though. If this is your first smartphone I would probably jump on the D2 bandwagon. It's a proven piece of equipment that has already had updates to address most of the bugs. The Thunderbolt will probably be great when it comes out, but all to often these days, these Android phones are coming out with some pretty serious bugs, and if you're a 1st time smart phone user and don't know any better, your very likely to get turned off real quick to either the phone OS or smart phones in general.

Case in point, my wife got the Eris right when it came out, riddled with bugs and problems, and absolutely hated it, took it back and reactivated her old phone. Took me 6 months to finally convince her to try the Droid 1 and now she's hooked.