Upgrade Time,,,Current S4 owner

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Yeah got no time to root and rom....I rooted my HTC thunderbolt. ..pos and ran bamf cubed

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So far I have a Note 1, Note 3, Note Edge, S5, and another iPhone 6 Plus to modify. It will give me something to do.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
So far I have a Note 1, Note 3, Note Edge, S5, and another iPhone 6 Plus to modify. It will give me something to do.
Damn and to think I loved phones..lol. ..how like the edge?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Personally, I think the Edge is a neat device. Unfortunately, we haven't heard [as far as I know] from any Edge owners.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Was thinking about getting the g3 or the s5. I liked the specs of g3 but love galaxy/samsung devices

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Well ask Ollie. ...he's the guy to ask.....

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Was thinking about getting the g3 or the s5. I liked the specs of g3 but love galaxy/samsung devices
I have the G3. It has the best screen of all the phones I have had, and no issues.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Personally, I think the Edge is a neat device. Unfortunately, we haven't heard [as far as I know] from any Edge owners.

I have one sitting in a box at my house. I fly home on Friday and will post a review once I've used it for a few days. I will be comparing it to the Note 4 which is also at my house if the wife will let me pry it from her fingers long enough to do a comparison.

Well ask Ollie. ...he's the guy to ask.....

My Edge is 7000 miles away from me right now. Soon though!

I had that choice and chose the G3.

I would have chosen the S5 even though I personally will not be using the S - series phones anymore. The screen alone is the reason I would leave (and have left) the LG G3 sitting on the store shelf. There is no comparison between the S5 and the G3 screen.

Those buttons on the back weren't my thing either. The best thing about the G3 was the size of it. LG nailed it on that aspect of the phone.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have one sitting in a box at my house. I fly home on Friday and will post a review once I've used it for a few days. I will be comparing it to the Note 4 which is also at my house if the wife will let me pry it from her fingers long enough to do a comparison.

My Edge is 7000 miles away from me right now. Soon though!

I would have chosen the S5 even though I personally will not be using the S - series phones anymore. The screen alone is the reason I would leave (and have left) the LG G3 sitting on the store shelf. There is no comparison between the S5 and the G3 screen.

Those buttons on the back weren't my thing either. The best thing about the G3 was the size of it. LG nailed it on that aspect of the phone.
And I liked the G3 screen better. The back buttons are fine but takes some getting use too.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I found the button situation to be quite curious at first. I thought it was very ingenious and tried out the G2. It lasted a week. I was hoping the G3 would be the phone that pulled me away from Samsung, but it didn't pan out.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The S5 will give you much better battery life due to the 4K display on the G3. But if that isn't a concern for you, you can't go wrong with either device. It's all a matter of personal preference at this point as they are both amazing phones. Good luck with your decision!

S5 tap'n