Upgrade season

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by zcar.300, Nov 7, 2010.

1. zcar.300

zcar.300 New Member

So it's about the time when people who got the Droid when it first came out can upgrade to a newer phone. Who is planning on staying with the Droid and who is planning on upgrading?

And if you are going to upgrade are you going to do it ASAP or are you going to wait until the next "best phone ever" comes out?

I'm like the Droid X but it just isn't enough for me to upgrade. So depending on what comes out I may just stick with the good old Droid.
  2. chadwickity

chadwickity New Member

Staying with my old reliable droid until something that catches my eye comes out. If I had to buy something right now it would probably be the incredible.
  3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

as soon as the T2/Olympus hits VZW, and the bootloader is cracked, i'm all over it!
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

For me the bootloader doesn't even have to be cracked - I am just going to be all over it
  5. zcar.300

zcar.300 New Member

I haven't read much on it. But if it actually comes out with a dual core proc I'll probably jump all over it. I just hope Pete does too. ;-)
  6. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

I am with you. T2 for me as soon as it comes out early next year. :icon_ banana:
  7. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

Stickin with the D1

Too many of these "newer" phones are hitting the market without a real stab into quality. Sure you've got some good apps, processors, and memory, but what good is it if the phone you buy craps out all the time? Sticking with old faithful here.dancedroid
  8. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

I'm in the NE2 cycle so that's technically not up until next year sometime. I'll re-evaluate what phones are out when that time comes but honestly I really still like my original droid the best right now. I like how it looks and feels and I like my current configuration.
  9. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

HTC Incredible HD with LTE...hopefully.
  10. Chillout

Chillout New Member

My "new ever 2" deal with Verizon isn't up until the end of 2011 so I'm sticking with my first gen Droid. still works great! I did get a special sale invite from Verizon to come upgrade if I want for a discounted price but I will probably still wait at this point. That money can be used for other Christmas presents.
  11. zcar.300

zcar.300 New Member

Yeah it's going to be hard to let go of the Droid. I'm actually kinda curios what uses I can find for it without a service plan. I will definitely keep it when I get a new phone. However far away that time is.

Technically you can upgrade sooner then two years. Their web page says I have 7 months left before I can upgrade. But I have a friend that works for a reseller and she's always keen to let me know as soon I could buy a new phone from her. lol And she told me a few days ago it's time.
  12. RiftReaper

RiftReaper New Member

waiting tell the first LTE droid phones go on the market :) so much faster then the CDMA crap lol

Oh, and being able to surf and talk at same time without needing Wifi = AWSOME
  13. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

Ill be keeping my Droid also.......like many others, I'm waiting to see what beasts are released for LTE plus I love my current setup.

On a side not for those of you who didn't know, the primary line (and only the primary) may be upgraded after a year for an additional 20 bux on top of the two year contract price of the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  14. bronx finest

bronx finest New Member

I am pretty interested in the HTC Merge or the Incredible HD.

I won't go with either if they're "Bing'd" up, I'd prefer whichever comes w/ Vanilla Android.

These latest Moto devices don't interest me, to be honest Samsung is more interesting than the latest Moto Androids.