1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Upgrade questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Diordna, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Hello I do have an upgrade, but idk exactly how that works.

Do I give them my phone and I pay a fee to get a better phone, or is it free, or do I not give them my old phone?
    Mind bogglin lol thanks for the info :)
  2. brandon9559

brandon9559 New Member

You renew your contract and get a new phone at a discounted price. The prices vary from phone to phone. You can keep your old phone.
  3. Diordna

Diordna New Member

How much of a discount exactly?? And would I be paying more monthly for te better phone? Like brio or X2?
  4. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

The discounts are usually around $100 bucks though they do vary and the monthly charge stays the same as long as you don't change your plan.

edit: Upgrade pricing usually brings high end smartphones to around $200 most likely a little more for LTE devices. i.e. the Bionic is $270 at upgrade price, the thunderbolt is $220, the iphone is $200 and so forth.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  5. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Oh daaang >.< !! I was excited to upgrade but not much of an upgrade if I'm paying the same for what I did for the phone I have now lol

Thanks though!
  6. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

It's usually more than $100 discount. Best thing would be to go online to VZW... login to your account and see what the discounted pricing is for the phones you are interested in.

You have to keep in mind that the retail cost of phones are between $450 and $600. So $2-300 is a substantial savings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011