Upgrade question

jmanches

Reaction score
Greetings all, my wife and I both have unlimited. I want to keep mine and she wants to get rid of it to get a new phone. Is there anyway for us to be on the same plan and me keep my unlimited and her be tiered?

OP
J

jmanches

Reaction score
I realize that, but as far as I know all the data plans now come with unlimited talk/text

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You don't have to go to the Unlimited talk/text plan. Just tell the salesperson that you want to stay on your plan and have your wife's line go to the promo 6gb for $30 that they are offering for unlimited users.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Upgraded my women's phone and dropped her unlimited data, but kept mine or so I thought. They took it off both lines and admit they shouldn't have, but refused to put it back on. Good luck.

Joshw0000

Reaction score
Don't do it. Save the money you'll spend monthly on data and just buy a phone off Craigslist. Your data consumption will never go down but it will go up. 3G > 4G/LTE > XLTE > what's next? It's all aimed at making your phone faster, hence more data.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Upgrade from Amazon. When you get the new phone put your old sim card in. The plan will update to two more years of unlimited. Google: keep unlimited plan Verizon, for more details and testimonials.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Do iphones use the same Sim cards?
I believe so, but IDK why I think that. If you google keeping unlimited data Verizon, the first link should be a forum with all the questions and answers you'll need plus 90 pages of posts. I followed everything to a t and kept my unlimited and got a new phone for 99$ off of Amazon. Apparently best buy and Costco works as well. Just don't do in store pickup.
Sorry its the slickdeals.net link.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Looks like I got my upgrade 8/20. And the slickdeal site has changed a little. It seems the android Central link is not available. Proceed with caution and read everything before hitting the button. It worked beautifully for me.

KarinAZ

Reaction score
I upgraded via phones bought off Ebay for a while in order to keep unlimited data. Recently we gave up our unlimited data and got new phones (S5). We used to RV a lot and used more data when no WiFi available. But we've moved and likely selling the RV so about same price now but newer phone.