• Galaxy Nexus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Device yet to be relased/other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
well im not due for an upgrade for a couple months however i really wanna research peoples opinions now so i have a pretty good idea what i will get, i dont think i'll be able to afford the "latest and greatest" phone that will be out in 2 months time so im really only considering the current phones out now, namely the rezound and galaxy nexus...im just torn between the 2 and cant decide so i want to hear real user experiences with both.

On one hand im a huge music fan so the beats headphones and beats audio is a plus and like the look of the rezound and it seems to fit better in hand just a little and it has an amazing camera (i have heard its one of the best but cant really try it out very well). However i have heard that, despite its monster specs, it still has some annoying lag and who knows exactly when it will get the ics upgrade and how sense will figure into (sense as is doesnt bother me other than being a memory hog).

On the other hand im definitely very into rooting, romming, kernels and tweaking everything i can in my phone so the massive developer support for the nexus is a huge, huge plus, and love the look and options of ics, and the super fast updates from google are also a plus, and im sure im forgetting some more positive stuff as well.
However i have heard that it still has signal issues, dropping data and even dropping calls, and im also concerned about the lack of removable memory since i do have a ton of music i listen to (about 1400 songs on my current phone) an im not sure how well the internal sdcard works as far as transferring anything and of course the issue of "am i ever going to run out of storage??"

my current phone is the original droid 1 by the way and i do not currently have 4g in my area (nearby and may expand here? or might not get it for a long time, if ever)

So the things i currently use my phone for most are (ranked 1-5 for how much i use each and how important they are)
roms/kernels/tweaks (5)
music (5)
transferring files to/from phone (4)
internet based apps (4)
watching videos/viewing pics/general screen quality (4)
stylish/cool looking design (3)
camera/video (3)
benchmarks (2)
phone calling (1)
video chat [Skype] (1- never used it but might try with a phone that has a front camera)

Please support why you think your phone is better/worse than the other...and please only people who currently have or have had the phone comment on what issues you have with your phone, you know best

PLEASE REPLY IN A RESPECTFUL, CIVIL MANNER...NO FLAMING, NO TROLLING, ETC....I WILL IGNORE SUCH COMMENTS AND REPORT THE POST(S) IF NEEDED

also, screenshots, benchmark scores (except quadrant please), videos, etc are appreciated

Thank you in advance

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need to pick your poison. You are going to have to make concessions one way or the other. I will say that I have zero issues with signal and have never had a dropped call. However, the speaker on this thing is pretty weak but can be partially remedied with an app.

The internal storage is plenty for me. 28+ gigs to do with as I please. Some who have the need for expanded storage may find this insufficient but I only have about 200 songs loaded and can stream from the cloud. And I've actually come to prefer MTP over SD. Quicker transfers IMO.

ICS rocks. Not really much else I can say on it...plus the developer support is phenomenal. Coming from an OG you know exactly what I mean. The Rezound support is getting there, but it will never top Nexus support.

The Nexus may not have a better camera, but if you want to rom, there isn't a better option. If you want a phone with a great camera and better audio, the Rezound is the way to go.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Rezound is rooted and unlocked. Unless you're hardcore into modding, it's really not an edge to the Nexus. Rezound pretty much has a slight edge across the board, save the larger screen on the Nexus (which for some is a negative). I say this as someone who flashed my D1 probably 100 times, and took the Nexus back for the Rezound.

But in 2 months something will probably come out that beats both.

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Rezound is rooted and unlocked. Unless you're hardcore into modding, it's really not an edge to the Nexus. Rezound pretty much has a slight edge across the board, save the larger screen on the Nexus (which for some is a negative). I say this as someone who flashed my D1 probably 100 times, and took the Nexus back for the Rezound.

But in 2 months something will probably come out that beats both.

have they gotten the whole s-off thing working yet? i thought that was an issue for flashing some roms and especially kernels? Oh and i know the nexus is easy to unlock, root and rom but what about the rezound?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
have they gotten the whole s-off thing working yet? i thought that was an issue for flashing some roms and especially kernels? Oh and i know the nexus is easy to unlock, root and rom but what about the rezound?

Rezound has an unlock tool from HTC to unlock boot loader, but no S-off. However you can still flash kernels on it with some script I believe. S-off presents its challenges, but you could work with it if your music was a bigger deal

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rezound has an unlock tool from HTC to unlock boot loader, but no S-off. However you can still flash kernels on it with some script I believe. S-off presents its challenges, but you could work with it if your music was a bigger deal

well i know beats really only works with headphones, right? i only use headphones occasionally, although i do use an fm tuner to play music through my car stereo but then again beats wouldnt be a good idea for that considering my stereo has tons of bass anyway...

how does music sound on the nexus with the volume app? (headphones and speaker)

713King

Reaction score
Check out xda forums for Rezound development they have a lot going on, I am the same way right now choosing between the two. Rezound has an amazing camera and the phone has a good feel to it; seems solid. The Galaxy picture takin can be fixed with Zoom FX and I believe there is an app to have the audio quality like the Beats.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
well i know beats really only works with headphones, right? i only use headphones occasionally, although i do use an fm tuner to play music through my car stereo but then again beats wouldnt be a good idea for that considering my stereo has tons of bass anyway...

how does music sound on the nexus with the volume app? (headphones and speaker)

I'm no music buff, but I have zero complaints. Using volume + to tweak a few settings and my music is loud and clear with head phones or through a speaker.

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm no music buff, but I have zero complaints. Using volume + to tweak a few settings and my music is loud and clear with head phones or through a speaker.

about the same as or better than the D1 was? if its any better than im definitely not worried about it, im used to the sound of my D1

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
about the same as or better than the D1 was? if its any better than im definitely not worried about it, im used to the sound of my D1

Mine is cleaner sounding than my old D1, but not *quite* as loud. D1 had a crazy loud speaker. I'm sure I could make my Nexus even louder than I have it, but don't want to lose sound quality. I feel like I've found a good balance.

If you get the Nex and decide its not for you or doesn't live up to your expectations, you can easily exchange it for the Rezound. Can't go wrong with either.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I will say this, if you watch a lot of video on your phone (again, I don't understand really why people do) there is a lot to be said for the larger screen of the Nexus. And the buttons disappearing (to make use of larger screen) is very nice, as well. IMO screen size is the only area the Nexus has an edge in (and I suppose viewing in direct sunlight, as well).

t35rk

Reaction score
Also consider the LG Spectrum coming next week for $199. It may have the best screen of them all. In addition, it seems to have a built in equalizer, which should be better than the on/off functionality of Beats on the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also consider the LG Spectrum coming next week for $199. It may have the best screen of them all. In addition, it seems to have a built in equalizer, which should be better than the on/off functionality of Beats on the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

hmm, the only problem is you just dont know what issues a new phone might have until people actually get it...that and it looks kinda odd (3 capacitive buttons?) and i dont think lg has much developer support at all

rasaun87

Reaction score
The nexus has a faster CPU, a better user UI, brighter and bigger screen, better battery (rooted) and COMPLETELY unlocked.
The rezound has a better screen, a better gpu, more sturdy build and a better camera.
I had the rezound from release till Dec 24th, then I got the nexus. This is just my little comparison between the 2, but u can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think the rezound has the higher clocked cpu (overclocking and stock) than the nexus (stock and current overclocking) but i think the nexus has the potential to be more overclocked once they figure out how to go higher than 1.4 GHz...i know theres some kind of issue going that fast with the slots control or something like that but i think the nexus has the better quality cpu...the rezounds speed is slowed from sense being so memory heavy though (i still wouldnt get rid of it until ics comes out for it though, i personally dont like the look of stock gingerbread)
...am i right?
so from people that have actually used the rezound, does sense really slow it down? also isnt the rezound able to be clocked up to 1.8 GHz now?
and from those with the nexus, have they been able to break the 1.4 GHz barrier yet?
not that it makes much difference now but it'll help with upgrades (jellybean and possibly key lime pie or whatever the 5th and 6th generation android os will be)
afterall if my og can run ics (or will before too long) its conceivable that my next phone might be around for the next 2 os versions and i'd want it to run well even then