Upgrade now or wait?

rhindon

Reaction score
Should I go ahead and get the S4 or will the S5 be here very soon? Any pros/cons either direction would be helpful. I'm considering heading to the big V after work and wondering if I should hold off.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
s5 probably will be out next year around the same time the s4 was released. That being said, the s4 is pretty futureproof with its specs. Considering the fact it has a removable battery as well means getting a new battery will make it like new again.

I know I won't have any problems hanging onto this device for the next 2yrs. Not a single complaint with this phone in my close to 3mo of ownership.

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
s5 probably will be out next year around the same time the s4 was released. That being said, the s4 is pretty futureproof with its specs. Considering the fact it has a removable battery as well means getting a new battery will make it like new again.

I know I won't have any problems hanging onto this device for the next 2yrs. Not a single complaint with this phone in my close to 3mo of ownership.

Thanks for the input.

Anyone else?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Depends if you just want a phone that works well for you for 2 years or if you have to have the phone with the best specs. I buy phones based on which one I like the operation of the best and is fast for all the things I use it for. I don't care if there is a phone with better specs if I don't need better or don't like its operation. If I were going to buy a phone right now and wanted a Samsung phone then I would just get the S4. The Note 2 is a great phone and the Note 3 will certainly be better, but just way to big for me to carry daily. Actually, the HTC One and S4 is pushing the size for me. When the S5 is finally released there will be a newer and faster phone just around the corner.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Samsung debuted a new camera sensor the other day for their high end phones. I'm somewhat interested to see what device this goes into.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should I go ahead and get the S4 or will the S5 be here very soon? Any pros/cons either direction would be helpful. I'm considering heading to the big V after work and wondering if I should hold off.

I have the same dilemma.
I was looking to swap my Razr HD out (I know, but I'm a gear sl*t).
Anyway I looked at both the HTC One and Lg G2. Phones look good but I can't give up SD support just yet.
I then started looking at the S4...

End result is my phone is fine for now and I really think I can hold out for the S5.
Rumors have aluminum and or carbon build, non-removable battery, but still has an SD slot.

I'm going to hold out. It's going to kill me but, I am going to wait it out until March, April, May.