Upgrade messed up my nexus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by jfguerra, Jun 2, 2012.

1. jfguerra

jfguerra New Member

Earlier this morning I received an update for my ICS OS on my Nexus. I read what it was going to do and deiced to go ahead and let it upgrade. It's been about an hour now, the phone is still off, and I can't turn it on. I am hesitant to remove the battery since maybe, just maybe, it's still doing work. However, there are no signs of outer life other than the phone has been getting warmer to the touch, not hot at all but warm.

Any advice?
  2. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

My wife's phone had no problem. Upgrade took about 6minutes.
  3. jfguerra

jfguerra New Member

Then it's not a good sign that mine hasn't done anything for 2 hours.
  4. jfguerra

jfguerra New Member

I finally decided to take out the battery, re-booted, and the upgrade actually started. It took a few minutes and it was done. So far so good but for whatever reason when I first told it to start the upgrade it did start doing something and then it shut down the unit but I was unable to reboot until I took the battery out.

Android team, if you are reading this, you really need to put some industrial strength muscle behind your upgrade processes for consumers. I am an IT guy and I know my way around tech but this can be a huge issue with regular consumers.
Search tags for this page

motorola update for droid messed up my contacts