Upgrade is in May

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My upgrade is in May, and I can get a Nexus for $80 new. I had one major question:

I know the Nexus uses a different USB protocol than most phones, but can anybody confirm it being able to connect via USB to a car headunit? Ideally a Kenwood and a Ford Sync head unit

MIUI 2012.4.5

DROID11

Reaction score
Sorry to go off topic, but where can you snag a nexus for $80 I'll go buy one right now if that's the case

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's just a MicroUSB port... very standard USB port as far as I know. It's the same port that's on the razr, bionic, rezound, all blackberries, etc and so on... Unless you mean how it's related to the Ford Sync system being able to access data from the phone?

DROID11

Reaction score
That's new activation only, unfortunately. You got my hopes up lol. I've decided to sit on my upgrade unless I can get a steal like that on my upgrade.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It uses the same port, but when plugged in it is recognized as an MTP device. As for plugging it into a car interface, never done it with a usb, my HU is capable, but I just haven't tried it yet.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's just a MicroUSB port... very standard USB port as far as I know. It's the same port that's on the razr, bionic, rezound, all blackberries, etc and so on... Unless you mean how it's related to the Ford Sync system being able to access data from the phone?

I meant how the data is shared, not the actual port.

MIUI 2012.4.5

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's new activation only, unfortunately. You got my hopes up lol. I've decided to sit on my upgrade unless I can get a steal like that on my upgrade.

Really? Damn... I must have not read it right...

MIUI 2012.4.5