Upgrade in May

DroidFarmerBill

Reaction score
i have an upgrade april 1st, and was waiting to see what the new s4 was going to be like before deciding on what to get. the s4 looks like a great phone, but didn't really wow me so much that i feel the need to get it and give up my unlimited data. so yesterday i bought a note 2 off of craigslist for $450, and finally said goodbye to the bionic. i liked my bionic, but it was far from a perfect relationship lol. it just seemed to always have problems from the start, terrible 4g/3g connection, then we finally got our update, way too late, and it fixed most things. my bionic has slowly got more lag since the update, until i had enough. what really made me consider jumping to sammy, was just how motorola treated the bionic, was always pushing back updates, never seemed to fix things even when we got them, in my opinion we had some pretty terrible support. the best thing about the bionic was the fan following and support on here, there was always a ton of people willing to help us get through the rough patches, so thanks to all the guys here. but i can now say after using the note 2 for a little, wow am i glad i jumped ship lol. this thing is a beast, if your even considering buying the note 2, just do it. awesome stock battery, very fast, huge beautiful screen for all my family pics i keep on my phone and in my box account, plus me and kids watch my google play movies on it too. its nice to be moved to the front of the line, at least for the time being when it comes to new updates. its been fun bionic people, peace :)

tpkidd3

Reaction score
Upgrading the Bionic is going to be a tough choice since I am still on Unlimited Data. I stream Pandora all day at work (no wifi). And I use the HDMI, have a lapdock, cardock, mediadock and two deskdocks.

My old Bionic is still working 'fine'. It is dated, a little laggy, and a little buggy. But all things considered, this might be the first device I keep past its expiration date.

deduct

Reaction score
Yeah tp. I like my bionic so much that I paid $100 last month for insurance replacement bionic. My launch day bionic finally called it quits. But, I wasn't ready to call it quits yet. This one seems solid so will probably last another year at least.

roadpizza73

Reaction score
A rose by any other name

quoting altspeed: *it was also ugly as all get-out, but that's immaterial* unquote

It's so refreshing to read that someone places appearances as 'immaterial' :hail:, assuming they're not referring to the screen quality.

A rectangle with rounded corners, by any other name . . .

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
That the X exists, has not been delayed, and has had an I/O reveal planned since last august are not "my confidence"s. Those are facts. There is a lot of "smoke" about the X on the interwebs from people wanting their 15 minutes of fame. There is also a source that for over a year has been a source of moto info that has been right 100% of the time about things that at times have been improbable to say the least. 100%. Some forums are useful if you want info, others are only useful if you want to read a lot of words. I prefer the former.

Checking the announcements at I/O, no X phone was announced. So much for your facts, and the source is now down to 99%.