Upgrade from HTC Thunderbolt

kparks

Reaction score
davidwilp said:
Can you tell me why you like those better?

Cuz there htc phones.... For real tho the rezound should be pretty cheep now. it has a better screen and camera and should be cheaper and better made than the nexus and also have better reception .. The Nexus will be better if ur gonna root and rom it out tho and will have a better stock battery. Are u buying used or new?

OP
B
Reaction score
I think after careful consideration, I'm sticking with the tbolt until something TRULY amazing comes to verizon. I was holding out hope for the razr maxx hd, but I haven't heard anything about it in a fair amount of time. The GS3 does have its benefits, but it doesn't have anything that blows the tbolt out of the water.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Wait patient they should be another phone that Verizon will release in october of HTC. That will have better specs the htc one x. It might be quad-core it wouldn't surprise me either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

davidwilp

Reaction score
I would have been buying new. The reason was my Tbolt fell in water. However, it started working again this morning so I am going to stick with this for now. Appreciate your input though.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Wait till next year. The new LTE chip will be released at the end of this year. And it'll be a lot smaller and a lot faster than the current ones that any phone has now. This will allow quad core phones to be used in United States. You want a phone that runs LTE the best as well as Jellybean.
The Nexus, the HTC One X and the Galaxy S3 are the only ones that are truly capable of running jellybean on dual core phone smoothly without hiccups.
Don't forget this as well. When ICS reaches the Thunderbolt it will not be the full build. Only partial. This reason is due to hardware limitations.

geoff5093

Reaction score
In my opinion there is nothing worth the upgrade yet, especially since most TB users would have to upgrade at full price.

I actually went and bought the GS3 a few days ago, I loved how it looked and how fast it was. Compared to the RAZR MAXX which looked like a more outdated phone than the TB, mostly due to the horrible display and huge bezel. However that's where the fun ended. The battery life was horrible, on the Verizon GS3 it has a locked bootloader so no custom kernels and limited ROM's, Verizon made so many tweaks to the OS it's horrible (especially the one that prompts you to connect to WiFi when you launch an app that uses a lot of data).

I ended up returning it 2 days later. There is nothing worth while, my next phone needs to be something really different. If we had the One X I would have gotten that.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Thas good to know. I wanted to go by Verizon to check the SGS3 but since you said that...

I wanted the One X but no SD? Smh.
Heard Sprint's version gets it. Wth, I don't get that.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Thas good to know. I wanted to go by Verizon to check the SGS3 but since you said that...

I wanted the One X but no SD? Smh.
Heard Sprint's version gets it. Wth, I don't get that.
Sprint's version looks a lot worse IMO. I can get by with no SD, although I do like it as if the phone dies all your data is more likely to be saved on the SD than the internal memory. A non-removable battery isn't a deal breaker either, as long as the stock one is sufficient.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Yeah Sprints version does look bad. The front side of the phone looks good in my opinion but the backside just look so cheap. As for the SD slot, it is a necessity for me. Since I use my phone practically all the time so that was a downer for me while the SGS3 had the expandable slot.
Hopefully this new one coming from HTC will be something I can upgrade to.