upgrade Droid Ultra

are we there yet

Reaction score
let me prefix .... I'm a middle aged woman ....

I love my Droid Ultra .... I love Active Display .... I LOVE the speakers. music sounds great .... I love the SIZE (don't want anything larger)

BUT my screen is cracked .... at the bottom of screen, only my back button works ... home button and multi page button hasn't worked on over a year.

should I just have it fixed? or upgrade?

I considered Galaxy S5/ S6 .... or HTC 8/9

Any suggestions?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ultra is the same size as the droid maxx..just without the big battery..
Now you said you like the size, but are considering s5/s6..I don't recall but I think those may be larger. No clue as far as the htc.

So I would compare it to the devices that you've mentioned, and see how they feel in your hand.

You could always have the ultra's screen replaced..or there's even another device that's quite similar the ultra, that's the droid turbo. And I believe they're being marked down as well..if not..they will be soon, because the new droids should be being released within a month or so ..

Just my thoughts...

Last edited:
OP
A

are we there yet

Reaction score
Thank You ;)

and yes all 3 are comparable in size ... maybe a tiny bit larger

would the replacement part be the screen & digitizer ?

and where would I take it to have fixed ?

thanks again. sorry to bother

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank You ;)

and yes all 3 are comparable in size ... maybe a tiny bit larger

would the replacement part be the screen & digitizer ?

and where would I take it to have fixed ?

thanks again. sorry to bother
Not a bother at all..yes I would get the screen and digitizer together.. And any cellphone repair shop should be able to help you out..or......you could get in touch with Motorola and send it to them..you might not get the same phone back though....

I would have it done locally and make sure they offer some form of warranty.. Hope this helps and if you have any further questions.. Ask away..

JacobVR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
The worst bit is that Verizon is STILL selling the Droid Mini since really NO other phone has come out since then in that size...