Upgrade disaster!

biggdave92

Reaction score
Went in to best buy today to get a note 3. Before I left the store I couldn't get my Google account to sync. Was getting "chrome to mobile:Auth token authorization" error. After the rep talked to Verizon, Google, and Samsung they couldn't get it to sync. So, I returned it and came back home with my s4. What a waste of 3 hours......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Thats weird.....did any of the reps say what that error is for?

sent from my Hot Galaxy Note 3 ;-)

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Would be interesting to know what that error means...

sent from my Hot Galaxy Note 3 ;-)

OP
B

biggdave92

Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows what it means. I was on the fence about the upgrade to begin with so I took it as a sign. Guess I'll wait to play with an s5.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows what it means. I was on the fence about the upgrade to begin with so I took it as a sign. Guess I'll wait to play with an s5.

Do you recall what the error was? If so, I can tell you what it meant most likely.

OP
B

biggdave92

Reaction score
I was getting the chrome symbol in my notification bar. When setting up the phone I logged into Google, then had to log in on the Web browser, the. 2 step verification, which was normal. But, once all was done, it wouldn't sync contacts and Gmail wouldn't load. And, I couldn't use Chrome browser. If I went to accounts it said it was set up but wouldn't sync contacts or Gmail.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I was getting the chrome symbol in my notification bar. When setting up the phone I logged into Google, then had to log in on the Web browser, the. 2 step verification, which was normal. But, once all was done, it wouldn't sync contacts and Gmail wouldn't load. And, I couldn't use Chrome browser. If I went to accounts it said it was set up but wouldn't sync contacts or Gmail.

I rooted last week and recently changed a Rom and realized that my 2 factor authentication was OFF. So I turned it on only to have it fail on the syncing and constantly asking me for my credentials. I freaked out wondering what happened thinking maybe the Rom didn't support two factor authentication??? I spent 4+ hours trying everything I could only to realize it was failing to connect to Google Servers after I had logged in. I let it sit there for another hour, turned on 2 factor authentication, logged in, bam, everything synced.

I only mention this because it sounds familiar to what happened to you guys. I wonder if Google was having problems with their servers or if there was a cooldown where it wouldn't let me log in after so many attempts? Google on my PC was fine, but the phone would fail to connect to Google Servers to sync contacts, gmail - but did everything else.

After I let the phone sit for an hour, everything worked fine after turning 2 factor on, and has been for several days now (with 2 factor authentication ON).

Fyi - I ALWAYS turn 2 factor authentication OFF when upgrading to a new phone so I can easily log in with the new phone with just my password. Either that or just tell the Rep that I'll sign into Google myself when I get home. I hate it when they touch my phone anyway, lol.

alhadee12

Reaction score
@BBigMcGuire I agree because the 2 step requires a different password authentication. I either use my business email because it goes through Google wait until I get home.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk