upgrade dilemna

teasypee

Reaction score
So I was waiting (patiently) for the new Incredible 4G to replace my original Incredible (rooted Cyan 7). Well it now looks like I need to pull the trigger on my last subsidized phone from Verizon. I am considering getting the S2 for $200 and not registering it on the Verizon Network. It is so huge I will use it as my Wifi tablet. I will just keep my old Inc until the I need (swappa/CL/Ebay) to buy my next phone.

So my question is, will this work? Do you think I can get this to use as wifi tablet only?

TIA

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If you buy the SIII you will need to activate the SIM card. The Inc is a 3G phone so it does not use a SIM. If the SIM card is removed for more than 24 hours it will be deactivated. So there is really no switching back and forth if you wanted to. But yes technically you could buy the S3, activate it and then put the Inc back on your line and use the S3 for wifi only. But if you wanted or needed ot go back to the S3 for some reason you would have to get a new SIM card from VZW. Good thing is they are free.