Upgrade date

cece5702

Reaction score
I am so angry right now. I went into 3 Verizon stores and was told that I could do an early upgrade in April and now I call and talk to a rep on the phone they tell me the early upgrades were over as of March 6th and I have to wait until December 28th. Why did 3 sales reps from different stores tell me I could upgrade if I cant? They really need to properly train there sales reps on giving out correct information. I really feel like terminating my contract with them. I really wanted to upgrade to the Droid X next month, now they are saying I have to hold on to my Droid until December.... Ugh!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you were eligible for an "Annual Upgrade", you can use it. It will be the last time since VZW no longer offers the program. Personally, I'd upgrade at one of the stores anyway :)
Plus, the date the customer service rep gave you is incorrect. It's January 16.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I bought my Droid last April 28th so I thought this was my annual upgrade date. They keep saying I am upgrading early and its no longer possible effective March 6th. Now they are saying my upgrade date is December 28th? i'm not even sure where they got that date from. Did they pull it out of a hat? This was told to me on the phone. I went in the store as early as yesterday evening and they told me April 28th. They need to get there facts straight!!!!!
If you were eligible for an "Annual Upgrade", you can use it. It will be the last time since VZW no longer offers the program. Personally, I'd upgrade at one of the stores anyway :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Phranc

Reaction score
I bought my Droid last April 28th so I thought this was my annual upgrade date. They keep saying I am upgrading early and its no longer possible effective March 6th. Now they are saying my upgrade date is December 28th? i'm not even sure where they got that date from. Did they pull it out of a hat? This was told to me on the phone. I went in the store as early as yesterday evening and they told me April 28th. They need to get there facts straight!!!!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Because that would be 4 months early from your 2 year contract date. Go to iPhone, Cell Phones, Smartphones, Refurb/CPO Phones with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless and log in and you will see your contract early update date.

I've been with Alltel/Verizon for a long time and never been offered an Annual Update, only the option to update at contract renewal time.

murphsox

Reaction score
As far as I know they got rid of the new every two discount because of the iphone launch. Why not? It will make them so much money. People will have to pay higher costs for smart phones now. Plus I read that the early termination went up too because thy know people will try to get into the iphone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidlady05

Reaction score
You can do an annual upgrade one last time on April 28th, but your equipment discount will not be as substantial. December 28th is your NE2 date. You can utilize your NE2 discount at 20 months.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App