upgrade, but with att??

kurnis

Reaction score
soooo, unfortunately im stuck with att. but im due to upgrade and let me tell you, im sick to DEATH of the iphone...

also unfortunately it seems att doesnt get the coolest droid phones. I was wondering if there are any particularly good ones coming out this year that i should keep an eye out for?

and no, i cant switch from att. and yes it makes me want to stab myself.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
soooo, unfortunately im stuck with att. but im due to upgrade and let me tell you, im sick to DEATH of the iphone...

also unfortunately it seems att doesnt get the coolest droid phones. I was wondering if there are any particularly good ones coming out this year that i should keep an eye out for?

and no, i cant switch from att. and yes it makes me want to stab myself.

I have the HTC Inspire, which is quite similar to the HTC Thunderbolt, but cost quite a bit less. It's a really cool phone and a lot of fun, but it is NOT real easy to root - neither is the T-Bolt, from what I heard. Once you're rooted (if that's the path you want to take) there *are* several really good roms available over on the XDA Developers Forum.

The other pretty cool android phone available of AT&T is the Motorola Atrix, which is similar to the as yet unreleased Motorola Bionic. It has a slightly smaller screen than the Inspire (4.0 in vs 4.3 in), but has a lot of ram and some rather intriguing add-ons - like a device that lets your phone turn into a sort of netbook. It might be worth a look, if you're stuck with AT&T. Oh, one last thing: I understand that the Atrix is pretty easy to root, so that's another plus.

I almost forgot, AT&T is (supposedly) due to get the Google Nexus S phone, which runs a pure Google rom - Gingerbread 2.3, and is considered a developer's phone. THAT one interests me. :)

HTH,

-Mike

Last edited:

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
If you gotto buy a phone, get the Atrix.

But I find it ironic that you can afford to buy a new phone, but can't afford to buy out your contract. The right verizon rep might even be able to work you a good deal on a new phone. Unless there is a compelling reason why you can't consider your options, I'd talk to a few reps at verizon and see what they are willing to offer. They always have room to work with, sometimes you just need to talk to the right person on the right day. Last day of the month is always a good day to go in, because they are desperate to close the month with the best possible numbers.