Upgrade available tomorrow......

rastaman_

Reaction score
What to get? Is the battery life good enough with the S4? Had always planned on getting a Maxx but it seems outdated now.....

Reaction score
Battery life is fantastic on the s4, and yes I believe the RAZR is outdated as well, it seems motto just keeps their devices with old hardware and specs with premium price...not worth it, get the s4 you will be very pleased....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Been getting great battery life with the s4. Battery life is subjective of course, but I can make it through a day of moderate to heavy use easily. The most I've gotten with overnight was around 28hrs and battery was still at 10%.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
One of my coworkers has had a GS4 for a few weeks and I have the Razr Maxx. At the end of our 11 hour shifts, I have roughly 60% or more battery life left. He usually finishes the day with less than 10%. We are both on verizon and in the same hospital working in the same areas. We both text and call about the same too.

I was all set to get a GS4 but I'm now thinking I may hold onto my Razr Maxx a bit longer and possibly get the new Droid Maxx that was released today.

David

OP
R

rastaman_

Reaction score
I was looking at the new Droid Maxx, can't seem to find any new features that speak to me as much as the S4. I will say that I think the S4 has some gimmicky features, but I just don't have to use them.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have used the S4 for a couple of weeks and I found the radios to be a bit weak compared to the Maxx. Signal was weaker in almost all areas and I had little or no signal in area where I had at least 3G and sometimes even 4G with the Maxx. The S4 always felt a bit flimsy to me, but a lot of that was the plastic body compared to the stoutness of the Maxx. Don't get me wrong, the S4 is an awesome phone, but signal strength is a big deal to me. First and foremost to me it's a phone and I need it for phone calls. Others have different needs and different circumstances. You really need to try both. In the store you really don't know much except how they feel. I have no problem doing a two week test drive with a new phone and returning it if I don't like it. Yeah, there is a re-stocking fee on return, but that's better than being stuck with a phone I don't like. I'm picking up the new Droid Maxx this week and I'll see if it works for me. I played with it in the store and it seems really nice so far. I think I will prefer it over the S4, but that is all personal preference. Everyone has their own opinion.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Great option if you like Motorola continue with their support . Go for the new maxx.

Team DROID

wtabke

Reaction score
I've had the RAZR since the day it was released and just picked up the new MAXX yesterday and so far I think it's great.

The only down side is that it's a bit chunky and it will probably take a while to get accustom to that. I don't use a case and really liked the thinness of the RAZR.

That being said, 24 hours ago the battery was at 92%. A full day of moderate use, downloaded about 1GB of maps and misc apps and it's still at 45%.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

deduct

Reaction score
Oh man. I would love the new droid maxx. I'll be paying full retail or Craig's list eventually when I get one so its going to be awhile for me. My maxx is solid as can be so Im happy to use it until I can find a new maxx I can afford.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Nice if you want better specs get hd because that will be last maxx with hdmi input. I see company now adding support to sd with internal which is good idea.

Team DROID