Upgrade: Android or iPhone

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Why do android users complain about it??

The ones that do are [Edited by FoxKat for content]. Because they can uninstall it whenever they want to. No one is forced to use Flash. It only affects your experience if you want it to.

LOL...i don't get what your point here is.

That options are a good thing. iOS lacks options.

My initial point, which still stands and was just verified by you, was that having flash on your device is not something amazing to write home about.

My subsequent point is that it is for some people.

I'm sure the iOS users who want flash and know about jailbreaking have done it and are not complaining.

So the ones complaining about it are wrong? LOL

Randomly googled these just now:

Smh iOS needs flash support damnit

all i can say is IOS needs flash then everyone will use it and it may just beet android

Bottom line… ios needs flash.

Why are these people complaining if they have the option of jailbreaking and installing flash?

It's not like every iOS user knows what jailbreaking is

Oh gee, you dont say. I guess jailbreaking isnt enough after all eh?

Android users dont need to know about rooting to have widgets and live wallpapers and flash and be able to transfer crap to your phone without a bloated slow-ass gatekeeper like iTunes. All this stuff is available to them without any knowledge of what rooting even is. You do not need to install a ROM to get these features on Android.

So yeah, I think that is relevant when comparing platforms. To get this stuff on iOS you need technical knowledge and need to jump through hoops and even then Apple is fighting to take the option away from you all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I still don't know why you think Android flash is buggy... I haven't had more problems streaming flash video than streaming any other videos over 3g... And that's not a "IT SUCKS IT'S BUGGY!" that's a "i'm on 3g so my connection isn't perfect" problem.

Bottom line is anyone who thinks flash mobile is bad and not worth having is DEAD WRONG, "OH BUT HTML 5 IS THE FUTURE!" yeah html 5 is great, but the fact is flash is 10x easier to code on, and even if html 5 is the future, it's not the NOW, and Android supports BOTH lol

You know the craziest thing?! It's almost like using a COMPUTER lol... What a concept

You have just been post pwned

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The ones that do are retarded. Because they can uninstall it whenever they want to. No one is forced to use Flash. It only affects your experience if you want it to.

I agree...and this was my point...from the beginning...it's not something to write home about...we've been going back and forth for a while now and we're saying the same thing.

That options are a good thing. iOS lacks options.

No...it doesn't. Just because it doesn't offer the options stock doesn't somehow invalidate the fact that there are options. I could say you can't fully theme your android phone without rooting. You have no option other then replacing your home launcher. See how it doesn't matter? The point is the option exists, and it doesn't matter if that means jailbreaking or rooting.

My subsequent point is that it is for some people.

Ok, and frash is more then enough for some also. Again, you're agreeing with me. I don't see the point of the back and forth.

I already provided links earlier about people complaining how Flash for Android sucks. Again...there is no point in you showing me this stuff if you're going to discount what I'm showing you...

Why are these people complaining if they have the option of jailbreaking and installing flash?

Because they don't know they can jailbreak and get it or have no interest in jailbreaking...didn't we already go over this?

Oh gee, you dont say. I guess jailbreaking isnt enough after all eh?

Android users dont need to know about rooting to have widgets and live wallpapers and flash and be able to transfer crap to your phone without a bloated slow-ass gatekeeper like iTunes. All this stuff is available to them without any knowledge of what rooting even is. You do not need to install a ROM to get these features on Android.

So yeah, I think that is relevant when comparing platforms. To get this stuff on iOS you need technical knowledge and need to jump through hoops and even then Apple is fighting to take the option away from you all the time.

That's all true. It's also not what we're talking about. We're talking about Flash. Not live wallpapers, widgets, and replacing your home launcher. I'm not saying that getting these things on iOS are as easy as getting them on android. You're going off on tangents. We're talking about Flash and whether it really is some amazing thing. And just as many threads as you can find about people complaining about frash, I can find about people complaining about Flash (since that's what you're using to gauge whether frash is a fail or not).

Last edited by a moderator:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still don't know why you think Android flash is buggy... I haven't had more problems streaming flash video than streaming any other videos over 3g... And that's not a "IT SUCKS IT'S BUGGY!" that's a "i'm on 3g so my connection isn't perfect" problem.

Bottom line is anyone who thinks flash mobile is bad and not worth having is DEAD WRONG, "OH BUT HTML 5 IS THE FUTURE!" yeah html 5 is great, but the fact is flash is 10x easier to code on, and even if html 5 is the future, it's not the NOW, and Android supports BOTH lol

You know the craziest thing?! It's almost like using a COMPUTER lol... What a concept

I speak from experience, that's why. And it's not just me. You're acting as if I am saying something unheard of and I am the first person to complain about Flash on android. You will find countless threads on this website alone about issues with Flash for android...

alboboy10

Reaction score
My friend who has an iphone always talked about not caring about flash etc when I brought it up. He got the touchpad and made fun of my other friend with an ipad for buying a tablet with no flash and paying 5x more.

The only people who don't want flash are people with apple products. I don't use flash that much but I WANT it. It's not perfect yet but it's useful.

Reaction score
I like flashing people so I just figure it suites me better :/

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only people who don't want flash are people with apple products.
Nonsense. I don't want Flash and I use Android. Be careful with your broad, sweeping generalizations -- especially when you're basing them on your preferences or anecdotal evidence.

Bottom line is anyone who thinks flash mobile is bad and not worth having is DEAD WRONG
No. Anyone that doesn't realize that worth is always highly subjective is DEAD WRONG. Flash isn't something that everyone thinks is worthwhile. Never assume that your preferences are universal. From any one person's perspective it may seem like the universe centers around that person but if that person bothers to actually look around it's clear that isn't the case.

I like flashing people so I just figure it suites me better :/
There you go "suits me better" = subjective preference.

Reaction score
Well I like watching videos online and going to whatever website I want... so if that makes my "preference subjective" then yeah, but I really don't see what kind of bugs you guys get with flash... Maybe I'm just lucky :) or smarter ha ha ha!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I like watching videos online and going to whatever website I want... so if that makes my "preference subjective" then yeah, but I really don't see what kind of bugs you guys get with flash... Maybe I'm just lucky :) or smarter ha ha ha!

or in denial :) haha...

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha I see this thread is now a battle on whether Flash is good or bad, haha. Like I said, I never use flash on my droid. I have watched a few TV episodes durring lunch break a while back thanks to flash10, but not anymore. Still I think it always boils down to having the option to load Flash media. I think android wins on that battle. Maybe whoever replaces Steve Jobs will change the rules haha...