Updating to Rooted Gingerbread From Custom ROM

dshoe

Reaction score
I am currently running Apex and I was wondering if it was necessary to sbf, could I just install dxgbrooted.zip the way it is or after restoring from backup to stock and unrooting?

pyroelite

Reaction score
If you're on .340 & it's the prerooted one from TBH, install like a normal rom:

Boot clockwork recovery, wipe data/cache, install from sd...

Then lather, rinse & repeat for another tweaked rom ;-)

DX {Rub¡X BlurGin}

Last edited:

Goldwinger

Reaction score
If you're on .340 & it's the prerooted one from TBH, install like a normal rom:

Boot clockwork recovery, wipe data/cache, install from sd...

Then lather, rinse & repeat for another tweaked rom ;-)

DX {Rub¡X BlurGin}

OK, so if I'm understanding you correctly, if the rooted ROM that he's using is based on the .340 build, then you can install GB straight from that rooted ROM???? Say like from Liberty or Darkslide or any ROM that is based on the .340 build?

That sure would cut out a few steps for me to play with GB. I've been there, but fell back due to the mediaserver taking up 100% of my processor with no way for me to stop it. Yes I even upgraded with a clean SD card with no media files and the darn thing still went to 100% as soon as I loaded one picture that I took from the camera. That's the only thing holding me back from GB. I haven't tried the new .588 build to see if it's fixed, so your instructions might give me hope that a shortcut to upgrading is out there.

Thanks for the input.

pyroelite

Reaction score
Yeah, if you're on any .340 build, you just run their version first cuz it's an update from .340 to gingy. (but instead of having to update from from a stock/clean sys, you just wipe all & install like a new rom) - much easier this go round.

I never found out if it was deodexed or not as I just went & installed drod's rubix blurrybread over the top of it. (blurry bread only has minimal/minor tweaks so far)

In either case, both run smooth as butter compared to anything in the past. Haven't had one reboot & the only fc was from an incompatible app on gingy.

DX {Rub¡X BlurGin}

Last edited: