Updating to gingerbread while on Liberty ROM

greenday

Reaction score
When I get the gingerbread update pushed to my Droid 2, can I safely update it?

I remember reading somewhere that if you have a rooted phone and some of the bloatware is removed, you cannot update until you get the stock Froyo ROM back. (Liberty ROM removes a lot of bloatware)

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

I remember reading somewhere that if you have a rooted phone and some of the bloatware is removed, you cannot update until you get the stock Froyo ROM back. (Liberty ROM removes a lot of bloatware)

What do you mean update it ? Do you want to update your apps or update the ROM all together ?

OP
G

greenday

Reaction score

What do you mean update it ? Do you want to update your apps or update the ROM all together ?

I mean update the ROM. As in, get gingerbread on my phone

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
as in the the ROM gingerbread on the Motorola update of gingerbread? is you mean a regular phone update then you will have to sbf your phone back to out of the box state bc you deleted bloatware instead of freezing it

Reaction score
and "mang" it is out i just looked on mine and its there

Sweeeeet. Can't do any flashing tonight, though, as I have a busy day tomorrow. But I am looking forward to a hot date with a Liberbreaded Droid 2 tomorrow evening!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
i hear you man im gonna do the same thing when I get off work my b-day just started 6min ago (its 12:06 here) so its like a early b-day present :icon_ banana: