Updating the market app to Google play

kac8866

Reaction score
So I rooted my bionic and flashed eclipse 2.2. I have the market version 3.3.... It will not update to the Google play store. I have the 3.5.1 apk and that won't install either. How can I update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
When I try to install the apk, it says application not installed.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
You'll need to flash a update zip for it to work probably. I'm at work right now if no one else helps then I can later tonight...

debrad0307

Reaction score
That's kinda odd that your market didn't update. Mine updated while running eclipse 2.2. Have you froze apps with titanium?

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
Just had an idea. Think I need to install version 3.4.6 first.

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
No I didn't freeze any apps. I let google back up everything before I even installed titanium.

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
You'll need to flash a update zip for it to work probably. I'm at work right now if no one else helps then I can later tonight...

Thanks. I'm actually off all day. But I'll let you know.

Kat14

Reaction score
I have an HTC Rhyme and it still says market has not updated to google play was wondering what i could do to update it?
Cause i got a text a few weeks ago saying android market is now google play.upgrade for anroid market on your phone has
Been provided that was on march 13 if anyone could help that would be awesome. Thank you! :biggrin:

debrad0307

Reaction score
Honestly.... The Google play market is nothing new. They just changed the name. Same content same everything.

HavoC

Reaction score
Honestly.... The Google play market is nothing new. They just changed the name. Same content same everything.

Yeah I can't really see any noticeable differences, but with the most recent update when you go into "My Apps" there are now two sections, one for all of your currently installed apps, and another for every app you've ever downloaded. Its a nice feature if your looking for an app you downloaded a while back but can't remember the name or something.

Besides that and the fact you can now sort app reviews by different criteria, there are no other differences between the market and Google play, and I'm not particularly fond of the name or icon change (just personal preference).

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums